Menu

Help me figure out a Good First Anniversary Gift-Update in first post

vmsurbat1

for my married daughter and SIL who live in Pennsylvania..  They *were* planning to take a honeymoon trip to Europe to celebrate their first anniversary; obviously, that is a no go.  They are both young professionals, not in need of money, a bit geeky (and oh, so cute!), and like good food, day hikes, and time together.

We live far away (and thus don't really know what's available in the States), so it needs to be something I could order. Since the first anniversary is traditionally "Paper",  back in the days of our youth, we bought several lovely artwork prints (Paper!) which we still have....  So, that is the one possibility I've come up with, but it would be nice to have more to choose from.  

Please, give me your best ideas!  

Update:  First, thank you all for your suggestions.  DD and SIL aren't able to go out for a meal in their locale and will be getting take-out from their favorite restaurant and dressing up at home.  So, knowing the first anniversary is traditionally paper, I've gone ahead and am having sent some fancy (and $$$) paper plates and napkins, plus nice flameless candles (since they have none).  I love the idea of a book of wedding pictures (or framed portrait) but don't have time for that before their big day, so that means I have their Xmas gift planned out. 🙂

Vicki in MNE

Edited by vmsurbat1
Update
  • Like 4

Are they locked in/working at home?  I might give them something fun for a couple spending a lot of time together at home.  Board game, new membership to audible/streaming service, gift card for take out?  

• Like 1

Before you start a tradition, lol - I've never given gifts to other couples on their anniversary and never received gifts from other people on my anniversary. The only exception in my world would be if there's a party for a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary or such (and those often request no gifts). 

• Like 3

I've had fun recently giving personalized pillows. Here's a link to the designer I've used. You can scroll through the comments to see some of the pillows that people have ordered.

Be aware that "*Processing time is currently a month. Please only order if that is okay. It will be updated once I am caught up. Thank you!*"

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, katilac said:

Before you start a tradition, lol - I've never given gifts to other couples on their anniversary and never received gifts from other people on my anniversary. The only exception in my world would be if there's a party for a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary or such (and those often request no gifts). 

No worries--this will NOT be a tradition.  She is the first to get married, and while happily so, they've had a tough past six months (between Covid life lockdown in general (incl. no anniversary trip which was going to take the place of the honeymoon), having gotten Covid-19 themselves, and husband's mother passing away (cancer not treated due to having covid ), I wanted to do a little something for them! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dynamite5 said:

Do they have a beautifully framed wedding photo? I received one for my first anniversary and I treasure it to this day....

49 minutes ago, Katy said:

Did they buy a great photo album of wedding pictures?  If not can you order one from their photographer?  That's something not many brides choose these days, but no one looks at digital photos.

I just checked with her and, to my surprise,  they've never gotten around to ordering wedding pictures.  So, that is a definite possibility!  And one which I had assumed was not needed.....

• Like 3

If they had a wedding song, you could have the music engraved, printed on really nice paper, and framed. It doesn't have to be the whole song, it could be the first two or even just one page, maybe the chorus or first verse + chorus. 

Full disclaimer, we are music engravers and have done this for a few 1st wedding anniversary gifts, which is how I know about it. But you can find some sheet music online and maybe it would look nice enough?

Alternatively, if they did their own vows (or I guess even the traditional ones), getting a copy and then doing the nice print+ frame option as well.

• Like 3

• vmsurbat1 changed the title to Help me figure out a Good First Anniversary Gift-Update in first post

Update:  First, thank you all for your suggestions.  DD and SIL aren't able to go out for a meal in their locale and will be getting take-out from their favorite restaurant and dressing up at home.  So, knowing the first anniversary is traditionally paper, I've gone ahead and am having sent some fancy (and $$$) paper plates and napkins, plus nice flameless candles (since they have none).  I love the idea of a book of wedding pictures (or framed portrait) but don't have time for that before their big day, so that means I have their Xmas gift planned out. 🙂

Vicki in MNE

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...