Menu

Your favorite Christian podcasts?

StaceyinLA

I’m looking for some podcasts to listen to. I like more practical “teaching” as opposed to straight preaching, but Biblically sound. 

Does anyone have anything they would recommend? I need a break from social media before I have no friends left at all, and I have really been wanting to focus on more faith-based things.

• Like 1

That sounds fun is really one of my favorites. She does have a light heart but Annie f downs and her guests do tackle some heavier topics from time to time.

The church of the city New York is excellent.

Let my people think with Ravi zecharias ministries is good. 

jesus over everything with Lisa whittle 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StaceyinLA said:

I need a break from social media before I have no friends left at all, and I have really been wanting to focus on more faith-based things.

My favorite during this Coronatide almost certainly isn't what you're looking for, but I wanted to chime in and say, Sister, I know exactly how you feel, and I've retreated to my podcasts for exactly this reason.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

That sounds fun is really one of my favorites. She does have a light heart but Annie f downs and her guests do tackle some heavier topics from time to time.

The church of the city New York is excellent.

Let my people think with Ravi zecharias ministries is good. 

jesus over everything with Lisa whittle 

I do love Ravi Zacharias ministries. I was so sad when he passed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Violet Crown said:

My favorite during this Coronatide almost certainly isn't what you're looking for, but I wanted to chime in and say, Sister, I know exactly how you feel, and I've retreated to my podcasts for exactly this reason.

Well I’m fairly open-minded, so feel free to share. Yeah I have unfollowed so many, and just really learned things about friends that has made me question friendships. It’s all a lot to deal with. I am thankful for my relationships with my daughters and my grandkids (my son is kinda wrapped up in his own thing, which is fine), and my core group of ladies that I see and talk to regularly. They keep me sane.

21 minutes ago, StaceyinLA said:

Yeah I have unfollowed so many, and just really learned things about friends that has made me question friendships. It’s all a lot to deal with. I am thankful for my relationships with my daughters and my grandkids (my son is kinda wrapped up in his own thing, which is fine), and my core group of ladies that I see and talk to regularly. They keep me sane.

Yes, this. Don't you feel that there's a strange sort of distortion in people's on-line personae? (I say, posting on-line under a pseudonym.) The real friends you know aren't the "friends" of their internet selves. You have your real, flesh and blood relationships with your family and friends whom you see and touch. It's so unnerving how easily society has accepted the idea that we'll all just have to live in the Cloud now, for work and school and relationships, when that's not how human beings were created to interact.

My podcast is here; it's lately been nearly all children's programming unfortunately, with things I want to listen to just once a week or so, so I've been listening to old episodes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Violet Crown said:

Yes, this. Don't you feel that there's a strange sort of distortion in people's on-line personae? (I say, posting on-line under a pseudonym.) The real friends you know aren't the "friends" of their internet selves. You have your real, flesh and blood relationships with your family and friends whom you see and touch. It's so unnerving how easily society has accepted the idea that we'll all just have to live in the Cloud now, for work and school and relationships, when that's not how human beings were created to interact.

My podcast is here; it's lately been nearly all children's programming unfortunately, with things I want to listen to just once a week or so, so I've been listening to old episodes.

This exactly. I have some close friends that are just not at all the way they try to portray themselves, and it has really caused me to question the friendships. I guess I’m just finding myself wondering what to do, so backing off makes a lot of sense. I’ll check out the podcast too. 

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. I feel like I’ll have a lot to keep me busy!

Edited by StaceyinLA
  • Like 1

Seconding The World and Everything In It.

I enjoy listening to Alistair Begg, John Stonestreet, Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth. 

Radio not podcast, but I like the Moody Bible Institute's Saturday morning call in Bible show with Michael Ridelnick (sp?). I'm Reformed and disagree with him about several important things, but he's a good teacher and I enjoy listening.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

The Dividing Line is my hands down favorite, from Alpha and Omega Ministries:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-james-white-on-sermonaudio/id1186473673

https://www.aomin.org/aoblog/webcast/

Also never miss The Briefing.  I don’t always agree with Mohler, but he is always thoughtful enough that I will stop and listen to what he has to say.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-briefing-albertmohler-com/id390278738

My husband loves James White's podcast 😃

Edited by cintinative

My husband likes "Just thinking" podcast (It's about race). I have not listened to it.

He also mentioned a Reformed women's podcast: Sheologians

I have not listened to any of these so I am no help, but I am totally with you on your comment about social media, OP.

Thank you so much for this thread!  I’m looking for new podcasts as well because even some of my old Christian standbys have turned political, and I just need a break!  

The death of Ravi Zacharias left a huge hole.  I’m glad the Lord called him out of this tough world right now, but I sorely miss his teaching.

I can’t wait to check out some of these suggestions!

• Like 1