Menu

Epitome of quarantine

JustEm

We were getting ready for our daily family walk. I put the baby in the carrier, hooked the dogs up to their leashes, and headed outside to join the other people who were ready. While in mid conversation my mom stops and exclaims,"Em(that's me) your hair looks so good! What did you do to it?" Sheepishly I reply, "I brushed it."

Then we both laughed uncontrollably. Mind you I wear my hair up 90% of the time. But usually I brush it before putting it up. Somewhere around day 5 or 6 I think i just started throwing it up in the worse messy bun ever without doing more then running my fingers through it. Today I brushed it and wore it down.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 24

I have gotten in such a rut of not wearing makeup or putting on nice clothes.  Today I actually did both, and call me vain, but I feel so much happier when I pass a mirror.  When I had cancer, there was a program called Look Good Feel Better, where they gave us really nice makeup and taught us to put it on.  It really did make a difference, for me at least.😀

• Like 6

I did my hair and put make up on for a Zoom meeting this am....then couldn’t find the link. She had sent out two links, instructing us to ignore the first one. I deleted it and apparently it took the second link with it. Sigh. 

Maybe my sewing room will appreciate my attempts?

• Haha 2

Well even my 3 year old knows how important PJs are in these trying times.

He has started potty training, only because we ran out of diapers and I don't want to go out to get them. Well just now I reminded him to try to go pee and he said no thanks. So, I reminded him that if he has a accident in his footie pajamas he'd have to wear pants and a shirt because his other PJs are dirty. He quickly ran to the bathroom yelling," oh no! Have to pee, then do laundry."

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Well even my 3 year old knows how important PJs are in these trying times.

He has started potty training, only because we ran out of diapers and I don't want to go out to get them. Well just now I reminded him to try to go pee and he said no thanks. So, I reminded him that if he has a accident in his footie pajamas he'd have to wear pants and a shirt because his other PJs are dirty. He quickly ran to the bathroom yelling," oh no! Have to pee, then do laundry."

I love this so much! My DS13 had to do laundry the other day because he was out of pyjamas, too!

On 4/15/2020 at 12:12 PM, stephanier.1765 said:

The last two times I've gone out I forgot to both brush my hair and put on makeup. I guess I've gotten use to not needing to. I was so embarrassed when I looked in my rearview mirror to double check my mask was on right and caught sight of myself. 😊

Me, except instead of the rear view, it’s the zoom camera for my online classes. When that camera popped up yesterday I was like, “Good god! I need to find my brush!”

• Like 1

I wore make-up on March 4th to teach a class.  I haven't even looked at my make-up for six weeks now.  I'm super glad that I have an extensive collection of yoga pants and sweats for checking the mail!

Today I may have created a unique quarantine-related situation.  I installed a bidet in my master bath.  I love it.  I'm never going back.  I also experimented with some cloth for drying.  Again, a fine system since the bidet works so well and they're really just for drying off.  The problem is that I hit auto pilot and flushed one.  Now I'm just wondering if disaster will befall my plumbing because of this mistake.  The cloth was a 4x8 inch piece of flannel sheet.  Am I doomed? 

Stop laughing!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

Me, except instead of the rear view, it’s the zoom camera for my online classes. When that camera popped up yesterday I was like, “Good god! I need to find my brush!”

Yesterday I made a video response to a video some students sent me.  While I was reviewing it I was thinking I probably should make a wee bit more effort with my appearance next time.  I was wearing bedazzled jeggings, a long sleeved purple tee, an ORANGE hip scarf (it was the first one I saw), and Day 3 hair.  Not my cutest moment, but the information was accurate and I'm lazy so I sent it out into the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I still get dressed every day, as do all the kids.  I decided a decade ago that even though we were homeschooling and not going anywhere it was important for my mental health to feel put together and productive, and getting dressed and cleaned up for the day was the big delineator between lounge time and productivity time 🙂

I considered doing this years ago but then I realized I am way more productive when I'm in the most comfortable clothes I own, which are pjs or workout clothes.  So, I really only get dressed when I leave the house.  For the most part the kids don't even own pjs so it is basically up to me to remind them they wore that outfit yesterday