Menu

Don't forget to remind the husbands!

I reminded mine tonight - "Remember, we are "officially" starting school tomorrow!  We can have a strong school week or a clean house, but not both!"

LOL - if this is your first week - enjoy it.  Homeschooling is the best and most worthwhile hard thing I've done - aside from having these kiddos in the first place. ❤️ 

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

21 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Well I started ramping up last week with our school work, and I sorta forgot about the TOMATOES coming in, lol. So we'll see if I manage to do both. :biggrin:

I know! I was celebrating the reclamation of a little counter space from the Zucchini Horde when in walked dh with an armful of tomatoes. Oy vey!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, BlsdMama said:

I reminded mine tonight - "Remember, we are "officially" starting school tomorrow!  We can have a strong school week or a clean house, but not both!"

LOL - if this is your first week - enjoy it.  Homeschooling is the best and most worthwhile hard thing I've done - aside from having these kiddos in the first place. ❤️ 

That reminder is valuable for the dhs to avoid the comment of death upon entering the house “what did you DO all day?”

• Haha 2

I've been asking mine to mop in his spare time for days. We officially started last week, adding a ker, and still not all up and running yet. I've got contractors here finishing an update that I wanted done over the summer, but is just now getting done. My printer broke and I chose several print at home subjects this year that aren't printed. And dd17 is working on starting college, taking SAT subject tests, and trying to get ready to take her driver's license exam all at once. 

And the dirty floors are making me insane. He has no clue. He thinks school just happens. 

19 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

That reminder is valuable for the dhs to avoid the comment of death upon entering the house “what did you DO all day?”

To his credit (and why we've been married so long) he has NEVER done this, lol.

And a shout out to iHop who still does kids eat free on Mondays.  LOL.

• Like 2

*Sigh*  Dh just informed me that he's taking off work the rest of the week after Labor Day in order to finish house and yard projects. That means he's going to play the radio in the garage and yard - loudly - while he works. And he's going to go in and out the door umpteen times. And he's going to repeatedly walk through the area where dc is working.  And he's going to want me to keep the dog inside out of his way, because she's excited by all the activity and is wanting attention.  And he's going to ask how school is going. And he's going to be surprised we aren't getting more done, because, after all, we should just ignore that he's here.  

• Haha 1