Menu

Interview tomorrow

DawnM

And you know, just because I don't have enough going on, I got a call today for a job I didn't even apply for.  They found my resume in their district application system and thought they would like to interview me.  They called me and said they wanted to interview me either this week or next and I explained that I am going to the West Coast from Wed-Wed.  They immediately said, "Well, what about tomorrow?" 😮

I just hope this isn't a, "We know who we want but we have to fill our quota of interviewing at least 3 people first" type of thing.  

High School, larger district, pays better, better hours, closer to home.  So, here is hoping.....

• Like 22

Yes, I've been interviewing a lot have a few stories of duds including a recent one where one of the interviewers had to explain to the other why I was a good candidate and not a waste of time. By the end she decided that I was pretty good though, and I haven't been turned down yet. LOL. 

Toughen up and be hopeful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G5052 said:

Yes, I've been interviewing a lot have a few stories of duds including a recent one where one of the interviewers had to explain to the other why I was a good candidate and not a waste of time. By the end she decided that I was pretty good though, and I haven't been turned down yet. LOL. 

Toughen up and be hopeful!

Not really sure I understand the toughen up comment????

The good news is, I didn't have to do much homework for this interview.  I just took my National Boards written test last Saturday, so I am pretty well versed on all things School Counseling.  I have been studying for months.  The test covers K-12.  

I was a high school counselor in the (way!) past, but things have changed since I have done it, and I am glad I have been studying.

I did look over their school website last night to find demographics, their mission statement, some of their growth plan info, etc.....so I feel fairly confident.  Of course, I have no idea what they will ask me.

• Like 8

I honestly cannot get a read on how I did.  It didn't go as I had anticipated and a few things I had wanted to bring up, I wasn't able to bring up as they didn't fit into the conversation.  

The head counselor and I seemed to hit it off, so I am hoping personality wise they liked me, but who knows.

• Like 5