Menu

Dr. Hive help - postmenopausal bleeding and severe nosebleed at same time.

KidsHappen

In the past hour I had a severe nosebleed and bright red postmenopausal bleeding. I also have what seems to be the beginning of a migraine. Is this a major concern or a call my doctor tomorrow concern? I did take my blood pressure and it wasn't high. I did start HRT about a month ago. Could this cause bleeding like this? Anything else I am not considering?

• Sad 1

I would be very concerned about bleeding from both your nose and your other end - along with the beginnings of  migraine.  I would even go to an ER tonight.   if you're not comfortable with that - I would strongly suggest calling the on-call nurse.

are you better if you lay down?  (especially if you are - call the on-call nurse, or go to the ER.)

Call your on call nurse/Dr, and if they say go, then GO. If you can't get ahold of them, GO. 

Please don't try to tough it out, or minimize it. If it's nothing, then it's nothing--but the body doesn't bleed for nothing. ❤️

Update us when you can--we care about you!

• Like 4