Menu

Does good packing tape even exist?

math teacher

We are getting ready to move and I'm on my second box of packing. What kind of tape can I get that will actually stick to boxes? I've had this problem for years, and knew if there is a solution, the Hive would know it.

If we can put a man on the moon, surely we can make tape that does what it's supposed to do.

I won’t use duct tape on a box, but I can’t remember what went wrong in my life to say that...

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Shipping-Packaging-6-Rolls-3850-6/dp/B000087KUA/

I have used a cheaper brand for regular stuff, but this is what I use for book boxes.  Too cheap and you’re crying when you can’t get the end unstuck and it doesn’t stick.  Buy one with the dispenser and make at least ONE portion of your move easier!

• Like 3

On 5/2/2019 at 6:36 AM, Ailaena said:

I won’t use duct tape on a box, but I can’t remember what went wrong in my life to say that...

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Shipping-Packaging-6-Rolls-3850-6/dp/B000087KUA/

I have used a cheaper brand for regular stuff, but this is what I use for book boxes.  Too cheap and you’re crying when you can’t get the end unstuck and it doesn’t stick.  Buy one with the dispenser and make at least ONE portion of your move easier!

This is what we use too. And yes, get a dispenser!

• Like 2

I also find name brand makes a difference over the cheap stuff. But also, being good at it. I think it's a bit like saran wrap. When you're good at it, it wraps and sticks perfectly. But it's a very complex skill. They should offer masters degrees in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/1/2019 at 10:14 PM, aaplank said:

Have you tried the Duck brand?  I find it that it works well. 

I may try that one-the reason for this thread is that even the duck and scotch brands have reviews on Amazon of not sticking to boxes. But I have to use something.

3 hours ago, Math teacher said:

I may try that one-the reason for this thread is that even the duck and scotch brands have reviews on Amazon of not sticking to boxes. But I have to use something.

We've been happy with the scotch brand, but after taping, I take a second to scratch the tape down so it adheres to the surface of the box better.  Otherwise it can be too easy to remove the tape because it's not making enough contact with the paper surface.

• Like 1