Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  Jean, I hope your day turns out better than expected.

DS17 is off to his first day at his new school.  I worry about him.  He isn't overly friendly and while the school has done a great job of pairing him up with half the baseball team for the first week, I'm afriad his quietness will be mistaken for aloofness.  I also worry that this school will be a bit harder than his last school and DS17 is an average at best student.  When I leave for FL later this week it will just be DS17 and DH, and I know DH will not be vigilant in making sure DS17 is doing what he is supposed to be doing.  And then tonight we have our Clemson Tigers playing for the national championship football game.

-coffee
-straighten up
-school with DS14 (I really hope he remembered to pack everything he needs....)
-take a walk with the dog while DS14 has his online class at noon
-laundry  DONE:  0
-grocery store for football food for tonight
-pick up DS17 at 3:30, get his parking permit squared away
-DS17 has welcome phonecall with online Spanish III teacher at 4:45 pm (must not forget....must not forget....must not forget.....)
-drink, eat, and watch Clemson

• Like 6

Jean, I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time. I pray you are better quickly!

I took a short hiatus from much online activity, but I hope everyone had a healthy and happy New Year.   Back to the usual grind of homeschool, tutoring, co-op teaching, Awana, and all the rest of life.

Today:

• meals      
  • school with ds   
  • take ds to get his braces off
  • tutor 1 student
  • Awana staff meeting at church
  • couple of errands out             
  • take ds to swim because it starts back tonight   Dh took him!
  • look over tutoring for tomorrow (Big Tuesday-4 students)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning!

(((Jean))) I hope today is better!

(((Pink and Green))) I hope all goes well for your ds on his first day. And go Clemson!

Things are hectic here this morning. Our old kitchen counters are getting ripped out and the new ones installed, so I was up early getting everything out of the cabinets and drawers. Can't wait until it's done!

Will post my to-do list later.

• Like 5

Morning, all!  Jean, feel better...praying for you.  Everyone else, back to school!  We can do this!

To do:

coffee, devotional

pack lunches

shower, dress, more coffee

back to work

lots of paperwork today, inputting of end of semester grades

work out at new gym after school

tri tip and salad for dinner

watch football tonight...Pink and Green, go Clemson

read for 52 week challenge, post for last week's books

Have a great day!

Edited by readinmom
  • Like 5

Good morning y'all. It is hard to get back into the routine! 

School  
Dentist appts for kids  
Ds to swim? depends on how long the dental appts take.
Grocery  
Library?  
Double check FT details for tomorrow! Call the place. Email friends who are also going.   
Send camp letter? Need to pray about this more. 
Call mom  
Double check Dd's AHG service hours.  
Send in kids' grades to umbrella school (thanks for the reminder, Readinmom!)

Dinner is lemon artichoke chx, asparagus and rice.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning! I will be thinking about your ds17, Pink and Green. It is rough to start afresh, no matter how old you are. Jean, I hope you feel better today!

We are back to the grind with everyone up and moving around before 7 am. At least the sunrise is gorgeous today.

• coffee/paper
  • dd2 off to school
  • ds3- get started
  • bills/calendar/ texts/emails
  • write
  • general clean up
  • more school with ds3
  • chat with dd2
  • ds3 to tennis
  • post office/hardware store for light bulbs
  • pick up ds3
  • brats and football tonight

Have a great day!

• Like 4

We've been back to school for a while since we took a long break in November. Today is my last day before I start full-time child care for my neighbor. The youngest that I'll be watching all day is a 5 yo boy. I'll have a 2nd grade boy and 6th grade girl after school for about an hour. I'm pretty much looking forward to this. Teaching preschool is fun! Getting a paycheck is fun too! I was hoping to sleep in on my last non-work day, but it didn't happen. Oh well. Maybe I'll squeeze in a nap.

Coffee

Bible study 

Read book for book club 

Declutter 7 items for a decluttering challenge 

Laundry

Help dd with school in the afternoon 

Grade papers

Put away Christmas tree

Rearrange furniture in living/dining room 

Make dinner-chicken and tortellini alfredo with garlic bread and probably broccoli 

Make school checklist for tomorrow 

• Like 5

Thanks everyone. I am just very tired from yesterday. I drove three hours, had an intense (because we had a lot to get done) two hour board meeting, then white knuckled it for three hours driving through very heavy rain in the dark with very poor visibility. I was in a lot of pain at the end of that. But I slept fairly well and while I am still exhausted, routine will be a nice change. 

• Like 6

Not sharing my list today.  I hate it and I just want to crawl back in bed.

I went to the gym, ran two errands (one successful, one not,) took out the trash, and now I have to shower and take dd to the college to register in person because they hate the internet for some reason.

The rest of the day can take a flying leap for all I care. 😛 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Glad you are ok, Jean. I hope some routine is helpful.

Just talked tp my mom and found out that she has to put her dog down, probably tomorrow. So sad for her! Extra hard as mom is a widow and the little dog was such good company. Hard to be alone! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

Just talked tp my mom and found out that she has to put her dog down, probably tomorrow. So sad for her! Extra hard as mom is a widow and the little dog was such good company. Hard to be alone! 

Oh Scout, I am sad for your mom. 😔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Done so far:

• Spent a few hours in the office. I (finally) finished boxing up last year's files, did a bunch of shredding, paid bills, filled out govt. paperwork, did some banking, and cleared up several miscellaneous items on my to-do list. 
  • Did morning horse chores in the pouring rain. Our weird weather continues.
  • Cleaned two bathrooms
  • Went through my dining room hutch and got rid of a big pile of holiday placemats, napkins, and napkin rings that we haven't used since the kids were little. 
  • I'm working on the built-in bookcases in the upstairs hallway. The kids have lots of books that they never read anymore, so I'm having them go through one shelf a day. We've gotten rid of a big stack of books so far, which makes me happy because that bookcase has been an overstuffed eyesore for a long time.

Still to do:

• order office supplies (file folders and pens)
  • more horse chores
  • put away as many things in the kitchen as I can (the counter installation is about half done and looks great)
  • laundry
  • dinner: our new stove is not hooked up yet, so I have declared it frozen pizza night
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

Algebra done and graded 

geometry done and graded 

chemistry quiz graded  

I discovered that the last week of school (when I had 3 consecutive medical days) chemistry didn’t get finished.  I also discovered that she has a hole in her chemistry understanding that is shown in every quiz but despite repeatedly directing her to supplementary explanations, she’s not bothering to give just a bit extra effort to figure it out  

graded Japanese

• Like 5

Margaret, you are amazing! I wish I could do half of what you do.

Rough night here with emotional, kids, one of whom is very uncooperative. Dh is making things worse by frustrating the process of getting them to bed and asleep. Oh, how they NEED that sleep! 

We found out tonight that Dd will not make the cut for a summer program she was hoping to do. Disappointed. 8th grade is tough for my dreamy dd. She is bright but not very driven and kids who are more focused advance faster. Sigh. 

• Like 2