Menu

Is there any going back?

alisoncooks

1 hour ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Nope, San Francisco dark coffee has completely ruined our old favorite, Kona, for us. Ā Peetā€™s dark French roast is another great one.

The lack of really good coffee is the one thing I don't like about New England. Seriously, it is nowhere to be found. Few places even bother to try.

We spent quite a bit of time in Boston this summer and were so grateful to find a Peets. Finally a real cup of coffee! I think we went back every week (and regretted it when we gave other coffeeshops a chance).Ā 

I don't miss a singleĀ thing about the west coast, except the coffee culture. It's a big miss.Ā 

2 hours ago, MEmama said:

The lack of really good coffee is the one thing I don't like about New England. Seriously, it is nowhere to be found. Few places even bother to try.

We spent quite a bit of time in Boston this summer and were so grateful to find a Peets. Finally a real cup of coffee! I think we went back every week (and regretted it when we gave other coffeeshops a chance).Ā 

I don't miss a singleĀ thing about the west coast, except the coffee culture. It's a big miss.Ā 

Coffee shops are a miss.Ā  I have yet to find one that I can deal with, that isn't filled with frou-frou drinks and utter waste of cup space because their coffee is so bad.

But coffee?Ā  Oh, now that's gooooooood.Ā  https://capecodcoffee.com/

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Coffee shops are a miss.Ā  I have yet to find one that I can deal with, that isn't filled with frou-frou drinks and utter waste of cup space because their coffee is so bad.

But coffee?Ā  Oh, now that's gooooooood.Ā  https://capecodcoffee.com/

I'll try to remember to check it out when we are in that neck of the woods!

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread:

I'm currently at my parents' house, in the middle of nowhere. They aren't coffee drinkers and there areĀ absolutely no coffee shops/McDonald's/etc.Ā 

I'm choking down a *nasty* cup of instant coffee and thinking longingly of our drive home tomorrow (coffee! real coffee!)

Next year, I'llĀ come prepared. šŸ˜«

Ā 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

Bumping this thread:

I'm currently at my parents' house, in the middle of nowhere. They aren't coffee drinkers and there areĀ absolutely no coffee shops/McDonald's/etc.Ā 

I'm choking down a *nasty* cup of instant coffee and thinking longingly of our drive home tomorrow (coffee! real coffee!)

Ā 

My sincerest sympathies!

One of our most memorable trips involved forgetting the coffee at home.Ā  We went to Germany and stayed in a cabin.Ā  Tried to buy a pound of coffee at the base and realized we needed a ration card for it.Ā  I ended up buying a tea kettle and black tea instead.Ā  We did end up with actual coffee in the end, but the horror on dh's face when he saw me walk in the door with a new kettle was hilarious!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

Bumping this thread:

Ā 

I don't normally care for Starbucks, but I often travel with a few Via packets just in case. It beats the swill that the in lawsĀ pretend is coffee.

On driving excursions I take my favorite cold brew and a container of almond milk.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

I have the opposite problem; IMO everything tends dark. I like a mild brew, if I usedĀ Keurig (which I donā€™t) itā€™d be donut shop blend or whatever. I will admit to liking Dunkinā€™ Donuts coffee!Ā As it is, I travelled half way round the worldĀ with my coffee bean grinder and funnel and Stumptown Costa Rica beans..the heart wants what it wants...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

As it is, I travelled half way round the worldĀ with my coffee bean grinder and funnel and Stumptown Costa Rica beans..the heart wants what it wants...

My bro does something like this. He has been known to send a Keurig and his brand of cups to peopleĀ he's spending a lot of time with. My mom has one & a package of his brand shows up the day he does.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MEmama said:

I don't normally care for Starbucks, but I often travel with a few Via packets just in case. It beats the swill that the in lawsĀ pretend is coffee.

On driving excursions I take my favorite cold brew and a container of almond milk.Ā 

Ā 

Those are great ideas. I thought I'd Ā be fine but I also failed to realize how closely my digestive system isĀ tied to my coffee intake.:o

2 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

Ā I will admit to liking Dunkinā€™ Donuts coffee!Ā 

I drink DD's iced coffee fairly regularly! Ā I prefer it over Starbucks iced coffee.Ā 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

I stop at Dunkin for my fix and then at Starbucks for DSšŸ™„so spoiled, he is.Ā 

Both my girls --10&12-- asked for Starbucks gift cards for Christmas (my inlaws were like -- what??!! really?!?). But they mainly want the appleĀ cider and cake pops. šŸ˜‰Ā (Though oldestĀ likes fancy blendedĀ drinks, too.)