Menu

Book recs for DS15

linders

DS15 used to read a lot, particularly all the fantasy series. Now, not so much reading, and his tastes are more "books that make you think." In non-fiction he has liked Freakonomics (and its spinoffs) while in fiction he has liked Agatha Christie (has read all the Hercule Poirot) and Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night. Recently he picked up Catch-22 and likes it so far.

Any ideas for Christmas?

My DH has reading tastes that sound like your son! DH enjoys books by Italo Calvino, Gene Wolfe (his ALL TIME big time favorite, don't get him started talking about GW or you'll never escape the conversation 🙂)  and David Mitchell. Also Neil Stephenson.

For light fun reading, he enjoys the Terry Pratchett Discworld series. Has your son already done Lord of the Rings?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mainer said:

My DH has reading tastes that sound like your son! DH enjoys books by Italo Calvino, Gene Wolfe (his ALL TIME big time favorite, don't get him started talking about GW or you'll never escape the conversation 🙂)  and David Mitchell. Also Neil Stephenson.

For light fun reading, he enjoys the Terry Pratchett Discworld series. Has your son already done Lord of the Rings?

Thanks for the recs! Yes, he's read LotR, but Discworld and the others are is options!

21 minutes ago, TechWife said:

The Disappearing Spoon

Outliers

I've enjoyed all the books by Sam Kean (Disappearing Spoon, Violinist's Thumb, Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons, and Caesar's Last Breath), as well as ones by Malcolm Gladwell (Outliers, Blink).  Both are authors who make you think, but write in very engaging fashions!

Edited by AFwife Claire
  • Like 1