Menu

I want to order wine for inlaws for Christmas & have it shipped, any suggestions?

J'swife

You might have to go through a licensed dealer (that sounds weird! Lol).

Last year I wanted to ship my brother a bottle of local blueberry spirits that he would love, but it's not legal to send alcohol through the mail (or UPS etc). He had to make do with the corresponding T shirt. ?

Edited by MEmama

When I was in CA recently it seems some vineyards have a license to ship it and some do not.  I guess you have to have a license for each state and probably some states aren't worth it for some smaller vineyards.  Plus yes some states don't allow any wine shipped in at all.

9 hours ago, Scarlett said:

When I was in CA recently it seems some vineyards have a license to ship it and some do not.  I guess you have to have a license for each state and probably some states aren't worth it for some smaller vineyards.  Plus yes some states don't allow any wine shipped in at all.

Rabbit trail- how was your trip? I thought of you when I saw the fleet week planes flying overhead. Did you get everything you hoped in? 

If they like NPR, the wine club is excellent.  The NPR themed wines are very good.  (All Grapes Considered, anyone?). I’ve only tried the reds, but I’m pretty picky about wine and it’s worthwhile,  we received our membership as an office gift but I would gladly pay for it.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:24 PM, sassenach said:

Rabbit trail- how was your trip? I thought of you when I saw the fleet week planes flying overhead. Did you get everything you hoped in? 

It was a fabulous trip.  We had one day in SF....we did Alcatraz, Golden Gate bridge and Painted Ladies. Another day we did the aquarium at Monterey. One day we did Big Basin Redwoods, a winery and ended up at Sante  Cruz beach eating seafood at dark.  Other days we did a big day long brunch at our rented house and had about 50people at various times....friends and family. A lot of eating and drinking and getting to know family and long tome friends.  One day was a big anniversary party for one of dhs brothers.  

Just a few hiccups including TSA finding a bullet in my MILs bag ( that I was carrying through security for her), FIL having a pocket knife on him, and then the first AirbnB being disgusting and us having to scramble to get our money back and find something else.  On the way home TSA ran my FIL, who was in a wheel chair and who has Alzheimer’s through the ringer.  I think they were freaked out by the liquid in his catheter and didn’t have great protocols in place.....all in all I was a great trip.  

Thanks for asking!