Menu

It's been a while! I'm catching up! And what to bring a friend who's gluten/egg/refined sugar free/plant based.

FloridaLisa

Hello all! Wow.....time has ticked by and I've thought about popping on here every now and again as I've had burning questions. I'll probably head to the logic board for some other questions. I'm still schooling my two youngest now -- 6th and 8th. This is my 20th year. {cue the confetti and my B vitamins. :) )

I'm briging a meal to another friend and here are their restrictions: Eggs, Gluten, We eat a plant-based organic diet, without refined sugars, and with lots of healthy fats and carbs (avocados, sweet potatoes, and rice).

Can you share some meal ideas? This isn't completely foreign to me, but I don't want to resort to the same old beans and rice. Any ideas? 

Does plant based mean no meat at all? 

This is what I made last night :  Extremely tasty.  https://kalynskitchen.com/low-carb-ground-beef-cauliflower-rice/

Instead of ground beef you could use beans.  So I guess that would make it beans and "rice".  Which I guess is not what you wanted. . .   but I'm going to post it anyway because it was so good. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FloridaLisa said:

Thank you! I'm going to check out some of these recipes. My go-to when taking a meal is a yummy recipe for baked ziti. It's meatless...wonder if I can find gluten free, egg free noodles? 

Look for brown rice noodles such as Tinkyada.

Here are some more options:

Now please excuse me while I pack to move in with @regentrude. ?

Edited by whitehawk
  • Haha 1