Menu

Thankful this dreaded week is over=UPDATE

lynn

Not only did I see my youngest off to boot camp and have not heard from him.  Today I visited with my aunt who is has lung cancer and gave her one last hug.  She looked so frail but insisted she travel and spend time with her sister.  Her husband is so good to her, making sure she's comfortable. 

I'm  Trying to make to make it through these days.  So.much sadness at one time.I

UPdate: Navy boy called 12:30am Wednesday.  My darn phone does not always show missed calls and I just thought of that this morning.

My aunt is not doing well.  She wants to make it home but their truck needs muffler system. My mom is a nurse and so auntie is in good hands.

What an emotional roller coaster I am on.

Edited by lynn
  • Sad 11

I'm so sorry. That's a tough week! I lost my aunt to lung cancer just two weeks ago. Hopefully you'll hear from your son soon and that will help a bit. When I sent my son off to Basic Training, I got a call at 3 am. He sounded *exhausted* and quickly said, "I'm supposed to call you and tell you I made it here OK and I'll send you information about how to contact me." That's all they were allowed to say and then they had to hang up, so don't expect much. May your next week be better.