Menu

It is Navy boys last night at home.

lynn

We will be bringing my youngest son to MEPs tomorrow and from there he is off to Great Lakes Naval Base.  The older 2 boys moved out but live in town so navy boy is first to fly far, far away.  I'm kind of numb and  can't believe after all these months of it just being conversation the time has come to send him off.?

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Hugs to you! It's so hard to let them go. 

I don't recall if you are a person of faith, but two things that helped when a dear one of ours left for BMT (Air Force) was to write every day--literally, every day!--a short note (they don't have time to read a lot), and to pray with a journal every day. I got up the same time as our dear one, 5:30, and read a scripture and prayed and journaled good intentions, prayers over him, etc. He is not a Christian at this point, but one day I may give him that journal to let him know someone cared so much for him. Anyway, take care of yourself and know your support means so much to your child!

• Like 2

The hardest part is right before they leave and then saying good-bye.  After that, you'll be so happy for him and you'll love thinking of ways to keep in touch.

The day before my ds left (our first to go -- and it wasn't for the military but for something else far away for a year), I was at the grocery store getting him a few snacks for the plane ride, and I suddenly started sobbing when it was my turn at the cash register.  There was a long line behind me and the poor cashier didn't know what to do, nor did anyone else.  It seems funny now!  The 24 hours before he left were just so, so hard!  After that though, I was thrilled for him.