Menu

I need my emotional support doggo ...

just to even think about opening my physics homework.  Aacckk!!!  It has been 30 years since I have done this.  I had my first class this evening and I had to quell that panicky feeling every time I heard the word vector.  And just earlier today, I was complaining that I wasn't getting hours at work.  I have no idea how I will fit working when I will likely have to go to tutoring for this class on top of the tons of memorization I need to to for Anatomy and Physiology.  Pray for me.  I going in!!!

(I am ashamed that I remember so little of the math ... and I have a BS in Math.  What was U of I thinking when they gave me a diploma?)  

• Like 2

Oh, and the panic is subsiding.  The book is mostly understandable and I performed "adequately" in the lab (which is a major achievement ... I tend to mess up labs, just like I mess up my kitchen when I cook), Also, understood what I was doing and was able to help some young whippersnappers on their calculations.  Still very nervous, but cautiously optimistic.  

• Like 5

Glad the lab went well.  Hugs.......

Eta......I didn’t know I was in a club as I spotted this off the main actity stream and didn’t look like I should have.  Sorry.

Edited by mumto2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2018 at 10:15 PM, dirty ethel rackham said:

Because sending dd off to college is torture and I need to get my own life.  She is not letting me move in next door.?  

I think this is the best description of why I went back to school I have ever read. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mom22ns said:

I think this is the best description of why I went back to school I have ever read. 

I discovered that I needed mental stimulation probably even more than physical stimulation. I couldn't picture 20 -  30 years of doing not much more than experiencing my physical capabilities slowly dwindle.

I feel like I've turned into my standard poodle dog. ?  He needs to be challenged circus tricks and the like or he goes into a puppy depression of laying around not eating. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 10:15 PM, dirty ethel rackham said:

Because sending dd off to college is torture and I need to get my own life.  She is not letting me move in next door.?  (Also, it's a prereq for a program I want to apply to.)  

On 9/30/2018 at 3:58 PM, Mom22ns said:

Yep! It’s no coincidence that I graduated my youngest in 2010 and have been in school, in some capacity, every since. My Baby Boy (probably to an unhealthy amount) was the entirety of my existence and if I didn’t find something to occupy my brain, I would have literally been sleeping on his doorstep every night, LOL.  I’m better now, but only slightly. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 9:10 AM, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

Yep! It’s no coincidence that I graduated my youngest in 2010 and have been in school, in some capacity, every since. My Baby Boy (probably to an unhealthy amount) was the entirety of my existence and if I didn’t find something to occupy my brain, I would have literally been sleeping on his doorstep every night, LOL.  I’m better now, but only slightly. 

I am obviously very differently wired than you ladies. I've needed my own stuff in some way, shape or form all the years I've had 4 kids. I love them all dearly, but I need my stuff, too, or I would have lost my mind 18 years ago. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wintermom said:

I am obviously very differently wired than you ladies. I've needed my own stuff in some way, shape or form all the years I've had 4 kids. I love them all dearly, but I need my stuff, too, or I would have lost my mind 18 years ago. ?

I had my own stuff.  And it kept me sane.  However, I was still really close to my kids and them leaving left a big hole.  The implosion of my personal life and connections with things outside of my own 4 walls made this latest transition incredibly difficult.  I let go of a business that wasn't working for me anymore.  People who I thought were my friends decided to move on without me.  Lost my church community. 

So, even if you worked hard to have your own life, it can still be challenging.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

I had my own stuff.  And it kept me sane.  However, I was still really close to my kids and them leaving left a big hole.  The implosion of my personal life and connections with things outside of my own 4 walls made this latest transition incredibly difficult.  I let go of a business that wasn't working for me anymore.  People who I thought were my friends decided to move on without me.  Lost my church community. 

So, even if you worked hard to have your own life, it can still be challenging.

Yes, I can at least try to understand. And I'm not in a place where any of my dc have left home yet, so I haven't had to experience that loss yet. Sounds like you have had a lot of difficult stuff happen in a short space of time.