Menu

Update on my friends post!

ktgrok

It is wonderful that you are going to meet and work with other Catholic homeschoolers!  Our dc were blessed with many like-faithed friends growing up and, although they had other friends of other faiths as well as some who went to ps, it was the like-faithed friends who provided our family with the complete package, so to speak.  Our dearest friends were the parents of our children's friends, so we all had an active social life together - lots of opportunities to be together with friends and still have family time.

I also think it is amazing that you all go to the same parish and could have missed each other like that - having to meet on facebook.  I wonder how many families are lonely, and how many give up homeschooling all together, because of social isolation - isolation while having potential friends within a stone's throw!

• Like 3

Another small update- I went to a local group park day today, and only one other mom showed up. This is NOT the one with the church, but I found out about it from a mom at my church. She was not there but a very nice woman was, who is a midwife from wisconsin, and after I left I realized her kids names are Rita and Ambrose. Now, I'm probably reaching, but those ARE both saint's names, lol. 

Either way, she was super nice, and her kids were sweet although a bit young for my kids. But I think she and her kids would fit in well with the other mom I hang out with regularly, so will probably arrange a playdate with those two moms/kids and myself/mykids. I think we'd mesh well. 

• Like 3