Menu

New Dog!

Sdel

March was a tough month for my DD.  We had to put down both her dog and her pony.  We’ve been telling the kids we’d get another dog, but it’d be after major house renovation.   

Well, it was taken out of our hands.  Yesterday we found this sweet little lady under a bridge/on the side of the road.  Every time a car went over the bridge she’d run up to the road looking for someone.  It’s a common dump area. She’s 10 - 12 months old and obviously an indoor dog and not used to being in the country.  She’s absolutely perfect. Exactly what I was going to be searching for when we started looking.  She’s almost a carbon copy of one of our previous dogs....a dog we lost too young.

Yay....

A64698D5-5B4F-4D72-A4EE-B47A128AF785.jpeg

• Like 26

I’ll see about getting more pictures.  She’s a Labrador “puppy”, so she isn’t still for very long.  DD named her Destiny.  She looks and acts so much like the the last dog that was named Fayt, so, the names are kind of related.

Vet check went fine.  Got her all her shots, microchip, preg check.  Vet says she wasn’t obviously pregnant, but it could just be early.  We’ll take her for a spay in a couple of weeks after we are sure she isn’t “lost”.  She hadn’t been left for very long.  She wasn’t dirty, dehydrated, or even really hungry.  We drove back by yesterday evening and found a toy breed dog dead on the same bridge.  We were there for close to two hours collecting Destiny, so it must have been dumped off after we left. It’s a narrow bridge and probably gets 12 oil trucks an hour crossing it, plus the car traffic.

Stefanie

• Like 1
  • Sad 2