Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Dh and SIL will be working on the funeral arrangements.

BIL will go visit FIL.  SIL was hinting that she wanted me to go to but I have been going every day for over a week and BIL has never gone once so it is his turn. 

bank

filing

not even sure how to tackle the huge backlog of stuff that needs to be done.

Oh - I have a doctor's appt. at 2:30.  Don't let me forget.

And I'm still being a taxi driver for Ds.  I can't wait until his car parts come and he can fix his car again. 

Pet store

• Like 6

((Jean and family))

Today is the last day of school for DS17.  I just have my fingers crossed that he can pull a C in Honors Spanish II and not a D.  We aim so high over here....

-coffee
-DS17 to Spanish final
-workout (kickboxing if my legs aren't too sore from leg day yesterday)
-laundry (including baseball pants - goal is 3 loads)  DONE:  0
-take DS17 out to lunch to celebrate end of school (maybe?  if he will be seen with us, LOL)
-read my book
-think about what I need to pack for travel baseball tournament this weekend
-dinner (chicken)

• Like 6

• Summer School! (just math review and spelling!!!)
  • 15 minutes working in garden
  • 15 minutes decluttering
  • ironing curtains
  • sign kids up for Girl Scout camp
  • finish reading Charlotte's Web aloud
  • take the kids to see local production of Charlotte's Web
  • pack for trip
  • laundry
  • girl scout meeting
  • softball game
  • drop off library books
  • kroger
  • Like 6

Good morning!

It is a beautiful morning here, but it is going to be hot! We are headed into a stretch of 90* days - ugh!

• school
  • office work (needs to be my main priority today & tomorrow)
  • clean main floor (dust, vacuum, mop, clean kitchen cabinets & dining room chairs)
  • let horses out in pasture if it isn't too muddy
  • text my dad
  • read
  • dinner: roasted vegetable tostadas
  • Like 4

Happy Thursday!  It will be a busy one!

• Got up early so kid could work on homework.  She was a hot mess last night so I sent her to bed.
  • Helped with homework, made breakfast, other mom stuff ....
  • Kids off to the school bus early.  Only 3 more school mornings!!
  • Cleaned up the kitchen, fed the critter, cleared some clutter.
  • Coffeeing up.
  • Electronics - dang computer rebooted in the night when I was in the middle of a project.  I'm in the process of re-opening the many files I was using.  Also caught up on email etc.
  • A little reading.
  • Made this post.

To do:

• Need to make a quick drugstore run for woman stuff.  But first I want to look up what OTC med people said was good for heavy periods.
  • A lot of "work" work.
  • Plumber due to come at 10am.
  • Wildlife catcher supposed to come in the afternoon.
  • I should make a car appointment.
  • Kids need to eat dinner and then we go to their evening school concert.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work or sleep.
  • Like 4

Good morning! I had to go to a blood pressure check for the Borg (or sorry, Kaiser) this morning. All is good-weight holding steady at 10 lbs over ideal and bp was nice and low. Now, of course, I am having my coffee and fried eggs. Today is the last day of school for all; dd2 has a rough morning with finals in chem and geometry.

• coffee/breakfast
  • daily chores
  • take ds3 to my mom's to help clean her garage.
  • Back home for more chores and dinner planning and hopefully get to chat some with dd2
  • pick up ds3 to take to tennis
  • ds2 has judo (me? dh?)

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Naproxen.  AKA  Aleve. 

Thanks!  I knew it was mentioned on here a couple weeks ago, so I did a search and found it.  I took a couple around 9am, so let's see how it goes ....

So far it's still pretty heavy and I have no way of knowing whether this is an improvement or not.

The kids' concert tonight will probably exceed an hour in length, meaning I'll probably have to sneak out at some point because of this lovely stage of life.  Hopefully I can slip out when the littler kids are doing their thing.

• Like 2

Eek.  I overslept this morning.  I had to fly into some clothes, dump the puppy unceremoniously outside and get in the car to get ds to college. 

Now I am home and I have:

taken care of the rest of the human care that got jettisoned in my attempt to get out the door, including my breakfast.

done pet care and apologized to the puppy.

medical care done

• Like 3

I am up to my ears in office work - mostly bills. Lots of money is flying out the door this month! (At least there is some flying in the door, too, though.:smile:)

Got a couple loads of laundry done and towels and jeans hung up to dry.

Dusted the main floor and cleaned the kitchen cabinets.

Finished morning horse chores and took the horses down to the small pasture.

• Like 2

So I took a nap and now I have a little over an hour before I have to leave for my kids' concert.  I had so many things I wanted to do today ... but I'm really not feeling well.

The wildlife people did not call.  Not sure what that's about.

Let me try to get a couple more things out before I call it a day.

• Like 3

ds from college to work.

gassed up car on way home.

was home for 20 minutes and got the load of laundry I was folding finished and put away.

called vet about flea treatments.  They won't give me treatment for my old dog because she's behind on her vet visits.  OK - I'll just go to the pet store for hers.

Went to the vet.  Got flea treatments for Neko and Juliet.  Got recommendations on what to do for the rabbits (they don't actually treat them).

Went to my doctor's appt. 

Home for one hour.  I need to quick start cooking supper for the first time in over a week. 

• Like 2

The kids' band / choir concert was good.  We went out to eat after.  Now my kid has this huge science project she needs to finish overnight.  Once again I told her to go to bed and I'll get her up early in the morning.  I sure hope I hear and remember why the alarms were set.

I promised to send out a couple invoices "today" so I should probably get that done.  Then I should get some sleep.

• Like 2