Menu

Prodigy Math Group Buy - anyone interested?

I am trying to organize a group buy for Prodigy Math.  I have 8 confirmed to participate including my two kids, and I need 30 for the group buy. The membership is $12/person/year, compared to $59/person/year without the group buy. If I can get enough commitments, I will ask for PayPal in advance--personal payment OR you can add the fee and pay for "goods/services" if you feel more comfortable that way.  Please post here (mods, is that ok?) or message me if you want to participate and let me know how many memberships you want. If you have not signed up for a free account with Prodigy, definitely do that and check it out first to see if it's a good fit for you. 

1 hour ago, u2006kids said:

in

Great, how many?

19 minutes ago, desertflower said:

I am currently in a groupbuy that expires in july i think. Is it allowed to do again? If so, then i have 2 kids that are in. Thanks.

Yes, but I think it will restart your year when you buy again, not extend it from your original expiration date.

YES! We are at 31 if all commitments come through! 

I'd like to close as soon as possible, but I know that people might be away this week and I never gave an official closing date (not knowing how long it would take) so I don't want to leave out anyone who has committed.  Also, I will be away Thursday - Sunday (convention! ?) and unable to work on it those days.  So here is what I would like to do, please tell me if you think this is fair. (I've never done this before so I'm open to suggestions!)  If everyone here and in my local group pays by Wednesday evening, I will close it and pay Prodigy and email them all the account names. Otherwise, I will wait until Sunday with a firm close.  I hate to wait that long but I really can't promise to do this when I'm at the convention, and if it weren't for that, I would give people until Friday to pay. Does that sound good? 

42 minutes ago, kristin0713 said:

YES! We are at 31 if all commitments come through! 

I'd like to close as soon as possible, but I know that people might be away this week and I never gave an official closing date (not knowing how long it would take) so I don't want to leave out anyone who has committed.  Also, I will be away Thursday - Sunday (convention! ?) and unable to work on it those days.  So here is what I would like to do, please tell me if you think this is fair. (I've never done this before so I'm open to suggestions!)  If everyone here and in my local group pays by Wednesday evening, I will close it and pay Prodigy and email them all the account names. Otherwise, I will wait until Sunday with a firm close.  I hate to wait that long but I really can't promise to do this when I'm at the convention, and if it weren't for that, I would give people until Friday to pay. Does that sound good? 

That sounds fair to me as long as you give us an email or PayPal link so we know where to send the money!

On 5/17/2018 at 10:16 PM, Whitney said:

I'm in for one!

Whitney - I'm not sure if i have your user name correct in the message. I added you, and thought I clicked "Whitney" with a capital "W" but it added you with a lower case.  Then I deleted that user and sent you a private conversation message and it still put it through as lower case. So I'm not sure if you are getting the messages or not and if these user names are case sensitive or not, because in trying to compose a message to you it brings up both upper and lower case--argh. Please check your inbox and let me know if you have a message from me. 

On 5/18/2018 at 5:20 AM, Nkemjika said:

in for two

On 5/24/2018 at 4:52 AM, kiwik said:

I would like it for one.

On 5/27/2018 at 1:42 AM, Moncha said:

I would be interested in 1

Nkemjika, kiwik, and Moncha -- it is not showing that you read the message.  Please check your inbox! 

UPDATE

(I hope this is not annoying to anyone, I'm just trying to keep everything visible for accountability and full disclosure!)

I am waiting on the following for payment:

@kiwik  -- still has not viewed message, but has been active on WTM

@Nkemjika -- still has not viewed message, and has not logged in to WMT since 5/20

@Ravin -- technical difficulties with PayPal 

@sangtarah -- committed to 2 via message / waiting on payment 

And I have one person from my local HS group who has not paid yet. We will probably have to close Sunday, which is fine with me, but I wanted everyone to know where we were at with this.

I am not sure what to do about kiwik or Nkemjika, especially Nkemjika if they are not back online by Sunday. I don't "know" these users personally.  I don't want to leave them out but I don't know how long to wait. Suggestions welcome. 

Ok, it looks like we are going to close on Sunday. I'm waiting on a couple people, but we have 30 payments in so I can close even if the remaining people back out.  I hope that @Nkemjika checks in because that is the only person I have not been in communication with since they posted and I don't know what to do if they do not get back to me. 

So anyway, I will not be available until Sunday (or at least, I can't promise that I will be available, but I may be able to answer a message.)  In the meantime, if anyone else wants in on the buy, you must be ready to send payment on Sunday before the evening. I don't mind if more people join but I don't want to hold up the group any longer than necessary especially when I am holding everyone's money.  If you want in, message me and I will send you my PayPal address by Sunday afternoon and please be ready to check your inbox.  

Have a great weekend, everyone!

• Like 2

Hello everyone ?

I am emailing Prodigy later tonight with the list of memberships paid. I do not have a payment from @sangtarah or @Nkemjika.  Nkemjika has not logged in since 5/20.  I am going ahead with the buy because I think it has been long enough. I am assuming that Prodigy will apply the memberships right away.  They were pretty responsive with me when I was inquiring about the group buy. If there is any delay tomorrow or I don't hear back from them, I will update the group. 

• Like 1

Ok, the memberships should be applied to all accounts, except that they told me the following need to set up parent accounts: @u2006kids, @Katiekondylas, @Josh Blade, @Moncha

@Ravin -- one of the emails you gave me should have a membership, the other one they said was not linked to a parent account. Is it possible that both of your kids are under the one email?

Please everyone check your accounts and make sure that they gave you the right number of memberships for what you paid and let me know.

• Like 1