Menu

Another horrific abuse case

maize

You seriously can't even make this stuff up.

Sadly, I disagree. 

I hate to even admit it, but we own every season of NYPD Blue on dvd.   One of the last episodes we watched involved a serial sadist who had turned his basement into a place to torture the women he kidnapped.  

After watching it, I said to my husband that it's disturbing that someone even writes a script about this and that it probably gives some really sick, evil people ideas. 

A couple of days later,  the story on the local news was about a rescue by law enforcement in our state...a teen girl with autism had been kidnapped from her home in Arkansas by a predator she met online.   She was taken to a secluded cabin for likely s3xual purposes...and she was just one of about 8,000 young people that this evil person had tried to befriend online.  

We protect our daughter with autism from NYPD Blue,   but there are a lot of real-life evil doers who'll abuse any vulnerable person they can get their hands on.  And that givens me an enormous amount of anxiety.    

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm a nosy neighbor.  The good kind...if I see something that doesn't seem right, I check with the neighbor or call the police.   

I still can't get over the guy in the Turpin's neighborhood who didn't think there was anything worrisome about seeing the children marching around a room  in the middle of night.  

• Like 1

Sadly, I disagree.

I hate to even admit it, but we own every season of NYPD Blue on dvd. One of the last episodes we watched involved a serial sadist who had turned his basement into a place to torture the women he kidnapped.

After watching it, I said to my husband that it's disturbing that someone even writes a script about this and that it probably gives some really sick, evil people ideas.

Well, I read about a man who did that for real and you can listen to his confession online. It happened in the 80s I believe. I don’t want to google it, it was so heinous I don’t want give more details.

I read a Kathy Reichs book a few years ago that ended like that - women chained up in a basement. I was so angry. I will never read another of her books for fear of encountering something like that.

Well, I read about a man who did that for real and you can listen to his confession online. It happened in the 80s I believe. I don’t want to google it, it was so heinous I don’t want give more details.

I read a Kathy Reichs book a few years ago that ended like that - women chained up in a basement. I was so angry. I will never read another of her books for fear of encountering something like that.

Yeah, there was at least one real case of that - I think the guy was in Russia or someplace.  He didn't even bother to clean the blood off the walls in between victims.  There are some sick people on this planet.

When that Josef Fritzl case broke, I was so sickened by what he had done. But I knew that if they had caught him, there were more through the world. Girls, women, imprisoned and subjected to horrific treatment. There are people living like that right now. I can't even wrap my brain around it. :(

Sadly, I disagree.

I hate to even admit it, but we own every season of NYPD Blue on dvd. One of the last episodes we watched involved a serial sadist who had turned his basement into a place to torture the women he kidnapped.

A couple of days later, the story on the local news was about a rescue by law enforcement in our state...a teen girl with autism had been kidnapped from her home in Arkansas by a predator she met online. She was taken to a secluded cabin for likely s3xual purposes...and she was just one of about 8,000 young people that this evil person had tried to befriend online.

We protect our daughter with autism from NYPD Blue, but there are a lot of real-life evil doers who'll abuse any vulnerable person they can get their hands on. And that givens me an enormous amount of anxiety.

A lot of those shows come up with plots from reading newspapers. Like Law and Order and their episodes that are “ripped from the headlines “. Edited by Jean in Newcastle