Menu

Who’s going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

It is 12:30 here. I just finished school with ds. I am laughing and crying at the same time. Time to call it a day! So I ordered comfort food for lunch and we are going to go to the natural history museum. Skipping all other plans I had for school today.

This evening getting together with friends for dinner.

And nothing else is going to get done today.....

• Like 6

Jean, I hope the computer is okay!

lolo, I'm sorry you had a rough day!

Would you all pray for dh and dd? Dh is having trouble sleeping, waking at like 4 in the morning and not able to go back to sleep. He's always had sleep issues but usually going to sleep was the problem. He's so tired. Dd is super stressed in nursing school right now, too. I just wish I could fix things for them. 

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

coffee

To Do:

feed cats

make lunches

pack car

co-op

pack for overnight trip to swim meet

meet someone to pick up donations for a retreat next weekend

go out of town

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 7

Good morning!  Prayers for you and your family, Amy!   :grouphug:

Well, we survived Whole30!  DH lost over 15 lbs., I lost about 7 (and my stomach is flat), and DS13's mood/demeanor has improved.  We need to figure out what we are going to permanently cut out and what we will allow back in on occasion.  To my huge surprise, DH is willing to completely change his eating habits and do a Paleo-type diet on an ongoing basis.

-coffee

-DS16 off to school

-school with DS13

-laundry DONE:  0

-drop off books at library

-pick up DS16 from school - had to pick him up early as he isn't feeling well

-baseball meeting at school 6 pm

-dinner (no idea)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

• Did not get up early to work as intended.
  • Forgot to wash the gym suits for today.  Packed them as is.  Oh well.
  • Kids up & off to the school bus on time, yay!
  • Trying to coffee up and gear up for a tough work day.

I have a conference call at 10am about a report I was supposed to send but is not finished.  Need to be focused and also need to control that anxiety that makes my heart want to race.

Other work - about a hundred reports and forms to send out.  The forms might have to wait until the weekend.

Kids - one has a well-deserved "free day" after school, the other will be driven to horse riding by the driver while I work.  Need to remember to pay the driver today.

Then out to dinner and maybe watch some old shows before bed.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Jean, I hope your laptop survived!

Amy, my dh has had that same problem for the past year or so. He hates it! I'm not a great sleeper, either, so many mornings we're both up at 4. I'll keep your dh and dd in my prayers. :grouphug:

I'm not very happy with our new Fedex guy. I went out at 5:30 this morning and discovered that sometime during the night, he had delivered my three big boxes of canned dog food from Chewy. Instead of bringing it to the house, he left it sitting by the hayshed - so the canned food sat out all night in subzero temperatures. :glare: The boxes were all covered in frost. He must have delivered it sometime after 8pm, because that's when I closed up the hayshed for the night. I'm hoping the food isn't frozen solid and will be okay for the dogs to eat. 

•school

•make menu plan and shopping list

•office work (be sure to pay Amex so we get early pay discount)

•split dog's arthritis pills

•refill stock tank

•order dh's Valentine's present (wild blueberries from Maine)

•place a Vitacost order

•teen driving practice

•errands (bank, post office, gas)

•pick up Japanese takeout for dinner

•read and relax

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

Good morning! I dropped dd2 off at the high school early; the swim team has prelims for conferences today. She is pretty tired of hs swimming, not too much fun, stress, and her club coach (despite his many other fine qualities) is not supportive, so she is tired. So I just hope things go okay today. Dh is off to work; ds2 is up and moving around. Ds2 and I have an interview with the Learning Center at Loras College in an hour. It is an amazing support center for students with learning disabilities and has two programs. This is an interview to determine placement and supports. 

To do:

Another cup of coffee

interview

school with boys

call RE director (also avoided)

library

bank (have ignored all week)

laundry (started)

other chores

pick up dd2/take ds3 to tennis

ds2 to aikido

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Out of the most of day.

Dinner will be leftover green curriy with chicken. Turned out rather blah, so I have to figure out how to add some flavor to it. The recipe sounded good, but I don't have much experience with East Asian cooking (almost none), so I am not sure what went wrong. ☹ï¸â˜¹ï¸â˜¹ï¸

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/easy-green-curry-with-chicken-bell-pepper-and-sugar-snap-peas

• Like 4

Amy, I will pray for your dh! Mine has sleep issues too. And for your dd.

Jean, I hope your computer is ok.

I am enjoying my free coffee at CfA. Sitting in a sunny booth, reading. Glad the very loud women in the booth behind me are gone.

To do:
pick up dd from the library
update budget/pay bills
make vet appt. for next week
pick up ds from tutorial
check dd's schoolwork
dd to/from youth group service event
work at church

dinner - leftovers for dh and ds, Chipotle for me and dd

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Hugs and prayers for all who need it.

Computer still out. Don’t know if it is out for good. I won’t really know until tonight or so. Today is going to be “interesting “.

Writing lessons on my phone... it’s possible but ugh.

Edited because autocorrect is of the devil.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3

Done with office work, errands, and cleaning the kitchen.

We were all starving, so got Japanese for lunch and now we're all stuffed. Dinner will be salad.

I'm headed out to clean the horses' water tank. Should be fun draining 300 gallons of water in this cold....it drains into our front yard, so we'll probably have a skating rink when I'm done.

• Like 3

I just lost an hour of my life listening to an unending series of recordings from health insurance company, which apparently does not employ actual human beings on Fridays.

The recording and web site say that I am in good standing, but owe them a large premium payment. I have the payment confirmation and credit card bill for same. I know from previous mistakes that the health insurer contracts out billing to another company so I think I will be in for multiple more calls next week. Not the end of world -- we are all healthy, thank goodness -- but irritating.

Grrr.

• Like 3

i kinda hollered at the lady at the business up the street, they always put their mostly-sheets-of-paper recycling in open bins in a practical wind tunnel and it goes all over our yards on my block and it's freezing and windy out today and there's a mess again and I got mad. I did apologize though before I hung up. 

Getting some cheesesteak for dinner. 

• Like 3

Tank is clean. My horses love to play with the hose, so they were really a big help.  ;) Twice when the tank was refilling, naughty horse Smokey picked the hose up and soaked me with it. My jeans were frozen solid by the time the tank was full. I'm thawing out in the house now before I head back out for chores. 

• Like 2