Menu

I have a published workbook!! The process was a pain...

ElizabethB

I published my syllables spell success files as a workbook on Amazon.  If I had known in advance how much of a pain it would be, I might not have done it, LOL.

That being said, technology now is pretty amazing that you can make your own DVDs and books and publish them for anyone to see and order.  I need to rest up a bit before I put the videos on a DVD and make it available on Amazon, though.  

Here it is, it only costs a few dollars more than printing the files, I just rounded up to the nearest dollar for the price where you still make a "profit," I was going for ease of use, not a ton of money for the nonprofit.  (The money goes directly to our nonprofit bank account.)

https://www.amazon.com/Syllables-Spell-Success-Student-Workbook/dp/1976403057/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1510603938&sr=1-2&dpID=51dPtD2EP4L&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

It is exactly the same as the PDF on my Syllables page that you can print for free:

http://www.thephonicspage.org/On%20Reading/Resources/SyllablesSpellSuccessStudentPacket.pdf

http://www.thephonicspage.org/On%20Reading/syllablesspellsu.html

I made it on Createspace.

Edited by ElizabethB
  • Like 19

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:party: :party: :party:

Thanks!  I should have some wine and extra chocolate to celebrate, I hadn't even thought about that.  The little party guys look like chocolate.  Just don't tell them I'm going to eat their friends, cute little allergy free chocolate chips.

Edited by ElizabethB
  • Like 3

Oooh neat!

Congratulations Elizabeth! I just checked, AUD$22 to buy & ship it here - which I may do very soon for my spelling-challenged son.

I would just print the PDF at that price.  For $6, I'm lazy and would print the workbook for 1 student.  When I teach a whole class, the cost savings is worth the printing.  My laser printer is really cheap per page.  I can buy a folder and print everything that is in the workbook for around $1.50.

Edited by ElizabethB
  • Like 2

I would just print the PDF at that price. For $6, I'm lazy and would print the workbook for 1 student. When I teach a whole class, the cost savings is worth the printing. My laser printer is really cheap per page. I can buy a folder and print everything that is in the workbook for around $1.50.

You just published the book and already you're talking yourself out of a sale! :svengo:

Seriously, that is so sweet of you. :)

• Like 3

The cover came out a tiny bit fuzzy, the output from Power Point is not quite high resolution enough.  The inside resolution is good, though.  My daughter is working on a version of my cover in Photoshop, I should have a high resolution version of the cover in a month or so, she is still learning Photoshop, we recently got a copy of Adobe creative cloud for her.  

• Like 1

You just published the book and already you're talking yourself out of a sale! :svengo:

Seriously, that is so sweet of you. :)

Yes, my marketing sucks!  :lol:

But, it's for the non-profit, my goal is not to make money or sell books, it is to help everyone learn to read, and the PDF works for that, too.

• Like 4