Menu

The Not in the Mood Teachers Lounge 10-24-2017

scrapbookbuzz

I'm not in the mood to deal with this health issues, not in the mood to do school, sadly, not really in the mood for the Lounge today, either.  :closedeyes:

But I'm here and have opened the doors!

Who wants to call of school today? Here: me! But ds has ALL of next week off due to it being Tech Week for him so I really need to have him doing SOME

school THIS week!

Why are the lights dimmed in the Lounge today? Here: because I feel like some of us could just use a non-stimulating environment today, where we can come in and immediately feel some of that stress lifted off our shoulders. Come in, quietyly grab a cup of coffee or tea ( I have quite a selection!), sit down and put your feet up. Talking is okay, as long as it's a quiet conversation. Just.breathe.

What are you thankful for today? Here: I'm thankful for a friend who was willing to run an errand for me yesterday. I need the items but just did not have the energy to go myself!  :auto:  :svengo:

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 3

Call off school today: Not me.  I'm actually starting to feel better so today went pretty well.

Lights dimmed: For me, it's because I have the entire series of an indie author I love that she rewrote for an older audience to read and review.  It released on October 31st.  I already read the first book.  Today will be another day of reading.

Thankful for: Getting healthy again.  It's been a rough 2 1/2 weeks.

• Like 3

Today is a miserably rainy day, and tomorrow and the next day will be as well.  I'd like to call off school since we won't really be getting started with main subjects until after 3, but it is what it is.  Tomorrow won't be much different, except I won't have to grocery shop again.  The kiddo is probably thinking the same - he picked out a box of tangerine tea while we were shopping, so I think I might make scones to go with and curl up with our read alouds.

Today I am thankful for where we are.  Dh has a good job, we live in a beautiful house with a great landlord, in a small town that has little festivals.  And we have all our needs met, plus some of our wants.  For the first time in a long time we realized how truly content we are.

• Like 4

School-Yes, school is on! Today was art day, and we all got some really neat paper to experiment with, learned some things, and came home with wonderful projects to work on.

I woke up needing a nap, but it turned out that two hours drawing proved very effective at recharging my energy levels. I think I'm a little worn out from all the editing I've been doing to finish this draft of the novel before NaNo starts. And I'm done with the eighth draft now, so I can rest.

I'm thankful for this really pretty fall day. We had rain, now we have blue skies and a veritable gale blowing. Leaves dancing everywhere. Kind of noisy, but in a good way.

• Like 3

Not in the mood today either. I skipped breakfast and went straight to chocolate for motivation, never a good sign, lol.

Love the atmosphere in here today, Scrap, good call on the lights and tea. 

Thankfulness goes to DH today, who has worked the past week making mega-meals, so that my freezer is completely stocked and at least 30 frozen dinners ready to go. I'm going to start using it immediately so that hopefully something else gets done other than my procrastination around dinner, lol. 

• Like 1

I do not want to teach chemistry today. Not.in.The.mood. trying to suck it up.

I tried adding a little weight to the rowing machine pulley system thingie, put the ear buds in, and listened to Chopin. Mentally practiced a ballad in my head, didn't pay attention to time, and way over did it so I am starting to hurt A LOT! My mood is not spectacular, and I have a lecture on basic principles of kitchen chemistry tonight to twelve 7th-12th graders.

At least dinner is in the crock pot. That much I do not have to think a out while I slowly seize up into a cement statue of immobility.

My voice will be low although punctuated by a loud OUCH OUCH OUCH every time I move.

• Like 2

Can't call off school because I'm off school this Friday (ds will still have to do some). I had to tutor 3 people today, too. 

Dim lights sound nice. I'll take coffee, if it's decaf. 

I'm thankful for a fairly peaceful life and for having what we need. 

• Like 1

It's a yucky, rainy, windy day today and it's giving me a pounding headache.   And our roof leaked during the worst of the rain.  And the power went out and the battery in one of the hard-wired smoke detectors was evidently dead so it started beeping, so I pulled the battery out.  But when the power came back, it started beeping again because there was no battery.  So I put in a new battery and it's STILL BEEPING.   Can't do anything more until dh gets home.

Kids did do school today, with lots of whining and complaining.  I worked on Halloween costumes because they have to be done by Friday.  

We'll go to TKD/KBing tonight but I really don't want to.

• Like 2

I want wind, and rain, and pretty fall leaves!!! Today in Phoenix, our high temp is 97*F! Blech.

Amy, yes there IS decaf available!

Trying to work up the energy to go to Sprouts (local small grocery store where good produce is the center of attention,

everything else is peripheral). I need lemon, extra virgin olive oil, and ACV (apple cider vinegar). They often have free coffee available

so maybe I'll just have one or two sips. Gotta work up the energy first, though, and decide if I can be away from the bathroom that long! 

Took a nap earlier. Think I might need another one. When I had a kidney stone 20+ years ago, I don't remember being this tired!

• Like 1

Hey Scrap, 

I totally get the not in the mood thing!

Ds has been a pill lately and our relationship has been a bit strained. Since dd had her tutorial today and the weather was lovely, I called a half day. Ds got to sleep himself out, so he didn't get up til 8:45! Growth spurt - he needed that sleep! Then he did the barest of bare bones school and spent the rest of the day playing outside.

• Like 2

Well, I actually did make it to Sprouts and took my 13yo ds with me. May have to head out there tomorrow, too, since my herbal instructor recommended a couple things but didn't send

the email until I had already returned from the store! Ah, well, I have some good stuff now. And I did take a pain reliever when we got back because I felt that pain coming on. Hopefully, I won't need it beyond tomorrow, as I only have one left. Managed to go MOST of today without needing one!  :hurray:

• Like 2