Menu

Low grade fever.....do you go to church or stay home?

Ottakee

I am staying home. I have some body aches and a headache.

My fear is always for the immune compromised, the elderly, and the very young.

MIL is a kidney transplant patient on hospice with pancreatic cancer and my 2 girls have immune deficiencies, one has asthma as well.

I know I have been exposed to some bugs as I have been subbing all week at a school for students with severe cognitive and physical impairments because staff was out sick. Despite gloves and our best efforts with sanitizers, etc germ exposure is just a fact of life there.

Edited by Ottakee
  • Like 5

Depends on how I feel.  We're staying home today because I slept in and youngest is still pretty runny from our flu-ish thing we had this week anyway.  He's definitely still shedding virus and it seems like a good way to spread it.  I feel kind of blah, so don't mind staying home--but there was no fever.  If I had a fever but felt fine, I'd go and limit contact.  If a kid had a fever, I'd be less likely to go, because they're not as good at limiting contact.

I stay home. My friends don't all follow the same thought process, socializing after church as usual (and telling me of their fevers only AFTER breathing on me for several minutes), and I've caught their illnesses more than once. If you do go, please slip in the back after service starts and slip out again without interacting with others.

• Like 2

I stay home. My friends don't all follow the same thought process, socializing after church as usual (and telling me of their fevers only AFTER breathing on me for several minutes), and I've caught their illnesses more than once. If you do go, please slip in the back after service starts and slip out again without interacting with others.

This is what I mean by limiting contact.  As well as avoiding touching things unnecessarily (banisters, door knobs, etc.).  Kids have a hard time being that mindful for that long.

If you feel sick, stay home.  I have run low grade fevers and felt perfectly fine and wouldn't have even known had the kids not been checking their temp, etc.  Then I carry on and ramp up the elderberry for a day or two if some bug is making the rounds. 

But in terms of illness, doctors don't even care about a fever until it is 100.4.  Mine tends to run low especially upon waking, but depending on what I'm doing during the day and how warm it is, etc it fluctuates.

Oh good, I'm glad you stayed home. As someone with asthma, I get really frustrated when people who are sick and KNOW they are sick come around me. It usually turns into pneumonia. 

Better to think of others, stay home, rest, watch a service online, stream some music, whatever. 

Hope you feel better soon and whatever it is passes!