Menu

In other news, did you guys see that Fixer Upper is done after this season?

sassenach

I'm not really a fan of the show because I don't have a tv anymore, but I got the same vibe from the post. I'm glad there stepping back on a high note, before oversaturation or problems with the kids as they age. High five and a nice run, you two!

Are they quitting or has the show been canceled?

Joanna seems very ambitious and it's hard to imagine her wanting to lose the level of public exposure for her business ventures that a weekly television show provides.

I would also suspect that Chip is also far more business-oriented than his on-air goofball persona would suggest.

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 1

Are they quitting or has the show been canceled?

Joanna seems very ambitious and it's hard to imagine her wanting to lose the level of public exposure for her business ventures that a weekly television show provides.

I would also suspect that Chip is also far more business-oriented than his on-air goofball persona would suggest.

I can't imagine the show being canceled. It's the highest rated hgtv show ever.

I agree that Chip seals like he has good business sense under it all.

My guess is they've had enough of the public exposure and business wise they've gotten as much out of it as they want.

Whether their brand will continue to have success without the show is another question.

I can't imagine the show being canceled. It's the highest rated hgtv show ever.

I agree that Chip seals like he has good business sense under it all.

My guess is they've had enough of the public exposure and business wise they've gotten as much out of it as they want.

Whether their brand will continue to have success without the show is another question.

The only reason I can think of to explain cancellation would be that maybe Chip and Joanna demanded too much money to renew their contracts and HGTV didn't go for it.

Without the TV show, I'm not sure they will continue to be as popular or successful as they are now. HGTV hosts come and go, and once their shows end, most of them seem to disappear from the spotlight. I know Chip and Joanna have turned their Waco silos into a tourist destination, but I wonder if people will keep flocking there for very long once the show goes off the air. The show gave them such a great showcase for their new ventures and products.

• Like 1

The only reason I can think of to explain cancellation would be that maybe Chip and Joanna demanded too much money to renew their contracts and HGTV didn't go for it.

Without the TV show, I'm not sure they will continue to be as popular or successful as they are now. HGTV hosts come and go, and once their shows end, most of them seem to disappear from the spotlight. I know Chip and Joanna have turned their Waco silos into a tourist destination, but I wonder if people will keep flocking there for very long once the show goes off the air. The show gave them such a great showcase for their new ventures and products.

Maybe they have other TV shows in the works?

• Like 1

I'd like to believe the statement, but it would be very easy to just stop showing the kids on TV, so I'm not sure I do.

I think with their magazine and ginormous tourist destination, they may have thought that they don't need the hassle of filming a show.  It will be interesting to see if their fan base stays loyal and their off-HGTV ventures continue to grow.  Perhaps they will move to other avenues of content/social media to keep interest high.

Kind of on that note, does Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah still do as well as when she was on air? I know I still see her magazine in stores.  My guess is, though, that she's nowhere near as popular as when she was on TV.

• Like 1

I'd like to believe the statement, but it would be very easy to just stop showing the kids on TV, so I'm not sure I do.

I think with their magazine and ginormous tourist destination, they may have thought that they don't need the hassle of filming a show. It will be interesting to see if their fan base stays loyal and their off-HGTV ventures continue to grow. Perhaps they will move to other avenues of content/social media to keep interest high.

Kind of on that note, does Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah still do as well as when she was on air? I know I still see her magazine in stores. My guess is, though, that she's nowhere near as popular as when she was on TV.

Paula Deen still does very well. The Lady and Sons restaurant is still very popular. Edited by itsheresomewhere
  • Like 1

They’ll be fine. They don’t need the TV show and obviously have business sense and a rather successful brand.

• Like 1

BTW I walked into a high end model home over the weekend and guess what? Shiplap. Maybe this will be its last season, too.

We can only hope.

Whenever I see shiplap, I think it looks like they mistakenly put the siding on the inside of the house instead of on the outside.

I wonder if the next design trend will be to put aluminum siding from the 1960s on your living room walls.

The kids were part of the image - you can work full time, do a TV show and have four kids. We only ever saw Chip's mother but there must have been more staff to pull that off.

Yes, I think the kids are part of the image, but I also think (especially recently) the kids were becoming fodder for adding drama to the show. If it is true they have decided to reduce exposure of their kids than a great big kudos to them.

• Like 1

They’ll be fine. They don’t need the TV show and obviously have business sense and a rather successful brand.

That's my view. There is such thing as enough money/fame.

• Like 1

I think with their magazine and ginormous tourist destination, they may have thought that they don't need the hassle of filming a show. It will be interesting to see if their fan base stays loyal and their off-HGTV ventures continue to grow. Perhaps they will move to other avenues of content/social media to keep interest high.

Kind of on that note, does Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah still do as well as when she was on air? I know I still see her magazine in stores. My guess is, though, that she's nowhere near as popular as when she was on TV.

I was just at Paula Deen's a few weeks ago. It was packed. I could have layed my face down in that pecan pie. I have never been that close to heaven.

• Like 2

We can only hope.

Whenever I see shiplap, I think it looks like they mistakenly put the siding on the inside of the house instead of on the outside.

I wonder if the next design trend will be to put aluminum siding from the 1960s on your living room walls.

It is already happening here. Back in the 2000's, all the walls in Florida started having recessed areas. Some were small, some were floor to ceiling. Those of us with these now 15 year old homes are paneling those little alcoves with all kinds of stuff including siding, stone, glass tiles, murals (although that is a little passé ), wood, and wallpaper.

• Like 1