Menu

Dh and I are...

hjffkj

That sounds like torture to me :rofl: , but I'm envious that you've found an activity to enjoy together. Every time I try to find something other than tv/movie, it goes badly.

We were in a movie/tv rut. We used to play boardgames together almost every night but then the kids waking up would interrupt which makes playing games difficult. So reading seems like a good alternative.

We also do logic puzzles together.

• Like 1

That sounds like torture to me :rofl: , but I'm envious that you've found an activity to enjoy together. Every time I try to find something other than tv/movie, it goes badly.

We were in a movie/tv rut. We used to play boardgames together almost every night but then the kids waking up would interrupt which makes playing games difficult. So reading seems like a good alternative.

Sounds wonderful. When we were newlyweds, my Dh and I read several books aloud to each other. When ds was young, he would join us for many family read alouds. I loved all of us snuggled in together, taking turns reading, and then quoting funny lines through the week. Now ds is 14 and while he enjoys our hs history read alouds, he would much rather have his evenings to himself and pretend that his father and I don't exist. Maybe Dh and I should take up reading just the two of us again.

• Like 1

My dh read The Hobbit out loud to our whole family at one point and it was a wonderful time. We had so much fun listening. Dh is a master of accents and is a champ of a read aloud dad.

Dh and I have been switching back and forth as we read Harry Potter out loud to the whole family. It has been a lot of fun. He also like reading Neil Gaiman's children's book to everyone. But I've always viewed that as something we do because of the kids. Our enjoyment is simply a perk.

Us reading to each other has been different, more enjoyable.

• Like 2

Can I just say I expected you to say "divorcing"? :crying: And I'm so glad you're not (and I don't even know you)! It feels like everyone I know is splitting up.

Anyway, enjoy your book. That is very sweet.

I'm glad that is not what I was typing! But I get why that is the first thing you thought. Lots of divorce is happening around us. Close friends of my brother and people I know quite well but not as well just divorced after 12 years. I found that out today and it just blows my mind.

Dh and I are absolute best friends. If something could split us up I couldn't begin to imagine what.

My DH started reading the Hobbit aloud to me when we were first married. It was super sweet of him - especially considering he HATES reading (something I didn't realize at the time). He just did it because he knew I LOVE to read. He never finished the book though and hasn't tried to read aloud anything but the Bible since. LOL

Edited by 2ndgenhomeschooler

My DH started reading the Hobbit aloud to me when we were first married. It was super sweet of him - especially considering he HATES reading (something I didn't realize at the time). He just did it because he knew I LOVE to read. He never finished the book though and hasn't tried to read allowed anything but the Bible since. LOL

That is sweet. But it is hard reading aloud if you don't like it or aren't used to it. I hated once my kids got into chapter books and it took a few books for me to feel comfortable reading. Now I really enjoy it.

What fun to be reading together.

If you're looking for a game for two players that is fairly quick, I recommend Love Letter.

Regards,

Kareni