Menu

Nice warm pajamas for boys?

I'm admitting my ignorance on all things "boy" here, our only son is still baby-sized. :) My nephews (soon to be 9 and 6) need new warm pajamas for Christmas. I'd like to get them something nice, but I don't even know what boys wear at night past the infant footie stage, LOL. My husband just wears sweats. Their mom specifically asked for "pajamas" though. ;) Flannel button downs? Plaids? What do boys actually wear? (This is in NJ in a drafty house so it gets decently cold all winter)

TIA!

Oh, and *where* to buy this stuff would be great. Their mom said she already looked in Target and the "pickin's were slim" LOL!

Boys wear pajamas? :001_huh: I thought they all slept in their underwear.

I'm sorry I can't help...my boys hate pj's!

But I know Target sells sets of boys long underwear that consist of 2 shirts and 2 pants that mix-n-match. I usually by a set of these and try to force the boys to wear them when they play in the snow.

"But we're tooooooo hoooooooooooot!"

My kids love these Hanna's. 100% super soft cotton and they last through kid after kid and wash after wash.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/category.asp?id=boys%5Fsleepwear

I'm admitting my ignorance on all things "boy" here, our only son is still baby-sized. :) My nephews (soon to be 9 and 6) need new warm pajamas for Christmas. I'd like to get them something nice, but I don't even know what boys wear at night past the infant footie stage, LOL. My husband just wears sweats. Their mom specifically asked for "pajamas" though. ;) Flannel button downs? Plaids? What do boys actually wear? (This is in NJ in a drafty house so it gets decently cold all winter)

TIA!

Oh, and *where* to buy this stuff would be great. Their mom said she already looked in Target and the "pickin's were slim" LOL!

Tammyla - I really like the look of those pajamas and would like to order some for my guys... what is the sizing like? Do you buy a couple sizes larger because they shrink up or buy the size your boy is actually wearing... I have 3 boys who all wear size 12 pants and large boys shirts...

Thanks!

Bee

Well I have one boy who sleeps in underwear and one who sleeps in long sleeved shirts and pants all year long - and they sleep in the same room.

The one who uses pajamas likes the flannel lounge pants. My sister found them at Kohl's and he pairs them with regular long sleeved cotton or waffle knit t-shirts.

When he was younger we had some great pajamas from Land's End. They were made from that polartech material. Guaranteed to keep you warm. I have some ankle length nightgowns of that material and some nights I don't even use the blankets because the jammies are so warm.

I *had* been able to get them at Carters or Target or JC Penney, but it looks like they may be carrying them for infants/toddlers only now. The OP asked for 6 & 9 yo, so I figured they would be easy to find.

We had resorted to getting some from http://www.hannaandersson.com/category.asp?id=boys_sleepwear for the bigger boys sizes. They really are a nice quality, but it pinched our budget to afford them (and we even chose some on sale/clearance - which ended up being white with brightly colored owls, which look cute and silly on big boys... good thing they don't mind, although they might not want to wear them to a sleepover with their peers!). The largest size they carry corresponds to a size 14 (although they fit my tall skinny boys who wear a size 16 pant length), and after that we've had to move to flannel pants with a t-shirt.

Their website says: "There's no need to "buy big." Our clothes have plenty of growth room, so go ahead and order the correct size on our chart - there's no need to "buy big." We can't stress this enough! Whether you choose an item that's prewashed or one that has shrinkage built in, every hanna garment is designed for a good fit with room for growth. "

My kids have found that sleeping in fleece makes them sweaty and uncomfortable.

Their size chart is pretty reliable. They focus on height, but their customer service reps are helpful if you have any questions.

I've almost always called them with my kid's height and weight ready and they were right on the money as far as sizing went. My ds almost always got/gets at least 1 1/2 to 2 years of constant wear and washing (He had eczema as a tot and his stuff gets washed every time.) and then we would hand them down to a cousin.

fyi, Their sweat pants are the same quality as far as lasting through two tough boys. They have super sales a few times a year. They are great with returns and exchanges.

Tammyla - I really like the look of those pajamas and would like to order some for my guys... what is the sizing like? Do you buy a couple sizes larger because they shrink up or buy the size your boy is actually wearing... I have 3 boys who all wear size 12 pants and large boys shirts...

Thanks!

Bee

My sons are 18 and 20, with the 18 yr old still sleeping in Pj's. When they were small they wore the t-shirt top and legging type Pj's. AS they got older they prefered the pj pants and they slept in whatever t-shirt they had worn for the day, providing it was somewhat clean.

I usually sewed their Pj's so I am no help in shopping.

My thought is, that by ages 6 and 9, they have a preference for what style of Pj's they wear so I would ask the Mom a few more questions before I go shopping.

Moose sleeps in boxer shorts or flannel pajama pants from Target, paired with Hanes white tshirts that come in the pack of 3 or 6 - all sized up to be roomy. He gets too hot in long sleeves except in our very coldest winter months, but I've found pj sets (matching tops and bottoms) at Target, Walmart, and Kohl's.

I usually buy Land's End fleece pjs for my kids. They're a bit more expensive (check the Overstock site for some deals) but they hold up wash after wash. I bought a pair for my son when he was 18 months old and they've been passed down twice - and they're still as cozy as ever.

We are in Texas so most of the time my son is in boxers and t-shirt, but for those few really cold nights he wears pj's sets like this from Target.

http://www.target.com/b/ref=in_se_pagelist/177-8257494-7687927?ie=UTF8&node=681020011&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=681020011&rank=pmrank&viewID=leaf&field-pricebin=&store=&rh=&page=1&fromBrowse=1