Menu

Would you eat this?

solascriptura

Usually, I'm the one to answer these kinds of posts!  

I just discovered an unopened container of cottage cheese in the deep recesses of my large fridge.  It's dated 4/28/17 and  I can't believe that its there!  I'm usually really good about avoiding food waste. Promise!

What would you do with it?  Throw it away?  Cook it and see what happens?  Yikes!

I tried some older cottage cheese but it didn't taste right and was a little discolored, like it was breaking down a bit. It wasn't bad, per se, but it was definitely not at peak freshness and it wasn't as old as the one you just found.

I'm usually an adventurous eager but I'd toss that one.

Yeah. I was wondering if anyone would risk it. Looks like no one! The most I've ever gone past a best by date was a few weeks. A month is way past my comfort level. I've got too much going on right now to risk it so I guess it's going in the garbage. Thanks everyone!

If it were just a week or two old I'd check it and see if it looked/tasted good.  But a month old?  I'd throw it out.

The only way I'd consider keeping it is that our fridge is sometimes uneven in it's cooling, and the things in back are sometimes frozen!