Menu

My waxing story

SquirrellyMama

Admittedly, it isn't as funny as the one that was floating around here two years ago, but...

I bought a waxing kit last week, but hadn't got around to trying it until today. I decided to start with underarm hair. You can't shower for at least an hour before, and can't use deodorant for about an hour after. I'm usually dressed within 10 minutes of my shower, and if I don't get deodorant on I'm going to forget, but I found some time today.

I got the first wax strip on and off with much pain, but all my skin attached. I made the mistake of putting my arm down. I now know that wax can glue you to yourself. I may have lost some skin raising my arm again. 

I did a 2nd strip, not realizing how much wax I had on my hand which was resting on my head. I ripped out some hair :( 

After the 2nd strip I decided to quit for the day. I can't get all the wax off :( 

Anyone have tips for getting wax out of an armpit? 

Kelly

• Like 3

Well, whatever you do, don't try the scalding hot water in the tub method by which the lady in the last story ended up with her hoo ha glued to the tub! :D

Oil wipes should take the excess off. Did your kit come with any packets? Maybe they say something like "finishing wipes"? Rub gently. Otherwise, use oil and go slowly.

• Like 5

Admittedly, it isn't as funny as the one that was floating around here two years ago, but...

I bought a waxing kit last week, but hadn't got around to trying it until today. I decided to start with underarm hair. You can't shower for at least an hour before, and can't use deodorant for about an hour after. I'm usually dressed within 10 minutes of my shower, and if I don't get deodorant on I'm going to forget, but I found some time today.

I got the first wax strip on and off with much pain, but all my skin attached. I made the mistake of putting my arm down. I now know that wax can glue you to yourself. I may have lost some skin raising my arm again. 

I did a 2nd strip, not realizing how much wax I had on my hand which was resting on my head. I ripped out some hair :(

After the 2nd strip I decided to quit for the day. I can't get all the wax off :(

Anyone have tips for getting wax out of an armpit? 

Kelly

Oh my word. I'm so sorry. You started with the absolutely most painful area to wax. Of ALL the areas. Underarms are so painful and they can bleed!! I think quitting was a good thing to do. 

What kind of wax is it? Hard wax or soft wax? Some is easier to remove than others. 

Havr you ever been waxed professionally? I would do that a few times and pay some attention to what they're doing before launching into it on your own. I always learn new things watching them when I.have someone else do it. 😉 20-year waxer

Also, the Moom sugar wax strips are.super easy to use, and ive used lots of waxes, strip and no-strip. The benefit of the sugar-based wax is it washes right off with water. :)

This is furthering my resolve to become more hairy. In my current shower there is no room to shave my legs or armpits so I must turn off the water and stand outside the shower to do so... So guess how many times I've shaved this winter??? The first day we went on vacation I totally used up a bunch of razor equity getting ready for the pool, lol.

Edited by Anne in CA