Menu

Best laundry stain remover?

IfIOnly

Besides rubbing alcohol and peroxide, which I use a lot for particular stains. I've been breaking open my digestive enzyme capsules and rubbing them in stains recently with good success. I'm sure there are less expensive and more convenient options out there though! Thank you!

Depends on the type of stain. Dawn dish detergent works well for anything oily or greasy. Use just a drop or two (especially if you have an HE machine). I've had the best results overall with Shout products. Biz is great, especially if you need to add something to an entire load. You can spot treat with it, too.

• Like 3

I like oxyclean spray for most small stains. I soak in a bucket of oxyclean powder/water for bigger stains.

Dawn for greasy food spots.

I'll pick up Dawn. I wonder if using the OC spray is similar to using plain hydrogen peroxide. I love that stuff.

Eta: and I'm sad I didn't know about Dawn and grease. DS12's favorite shirt has a grease stain though I tried to scrub it out with liquid laundry soap.

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

I'll pick up Dawn. I wonder if using the OC spray is similar to using plain hydrogen peroxide. I love that stuff.

Eta: and I'm sad I didn't know about Dawn and grease. DS12's favorite shirt has a grease stain though I tried to scrub it out with liquid laundry soap.

Try it anyway if you haven't thrown it out. I've had good luck with dawn on grease stains that have already gone undetected through the wash and dryer

• Like 2

By far my favorite stain remover is Zout Triple Enzyme Spray, but it can be hard to find in stores. I used to get it at Walgreen's but my current Walgreen's doesn't carry it, and it's a little more expensive on Amazon. Still worth it to me, because it's even gotten out old, set-in stains that had gone through the dryer a few times. 

• Like 2

By far my favorite stain remover is Zout Triple Enzyme Spray, but it can be hard to find in stores. I used to get it at Walgreen's but my current Walgreen's doesn't carry it, and it's a little more expensive on Amazon. Still worth it to me, because it's even gotten out old, set-in stains that had gone through the dryer a few times.

It looks like I might be able to find this at Wal-Mart. Going to look for it next time I'm there. Thank you!

Spray 'n Wash Stain Stick is my all-time favorite and usually works for just about any kind of stain (ink, grease, food).

The Buncha Farmers All Natural Stain Stick mentioned by a previous poster was the only thing that really worked for blood stains when I used cloth pads.

The buncha also gets out red slushee on a light shirt that was left in the hamper for a few days.

• Like 2

Try it anyway if you haven't thrown it out. I've had good luck with dawn on grease stains that have already gone undetected through the wash and dryer

I would try too.

I would probably put some Dawn on it and work it in a little and then pour boiling water (obviously in the kitchen sink) through it. The boiling water helps melt the grease.

• Like 2

I would try too.

I would probably put some Dawn on it and work it in a little and then pour boiling water (obviously in the kitchen sink) through it. The boiling water helps melt the grease.

Thank you! I might be able to salvage his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fav. shirt after all. <3

Found Zout at Wal-Mart. It has amylase for starch stains, protease for protein removal, and lipase for fat and oil removal. Out of what I could find it had the most enzymes. Runner up had 2 (Shout gel).

I used to use that and remember liking it. I will have to look for it again.
  • Like 1