Menu

1st world problem: cat thinks he owns my car

iamonlyone

So our two cats and my car both hang out in our attached garage at night. Our tom cat really likes my car, I guess, because he seemingly does everything in his power to mark my car as his. I often drive around sporting spray marks on my driver's door. (I have sprinkled baking soda on the garage floor in that area hoping that would deter him from stepping there—nope.)

I have a car cover that I use some, but if we don't get it on (not infrequently), there are lots of dusty kitty prints on my windshield, sun roof, and back window. OK, no big deal. But now I often find skid marks across the roof and down the windshield (front and/or back). (I really want to see that in action some time. Maybe he enjoys sliding?)

I took my car through the car wash during the recent nice weather, and the next time it was left uncovered I found a huge hair ball thrown up on the roof right above the driver's door. Really?!

Depending on the day, I do a lot of shaking my head, laughing, rolling my eyes, or sighing. Touching up my car with a spray bottle and paper towels has become part of my routine.

Close the garage off to the cat.

They're indoor cats, but we have their food and water and litter boxes in the garage. Since it is vented for heat/air, it's a good place for them to be at night (so they don't bother us!) and when we are gone for short periods of time.

They are pretty well-behaved when they are in the house (except when one of them is grumpy and chases the other one). They have never paid attention to our other cars—even my previous car that was parked in the same bay of the garage! But, he really feels a sense of ownership with this one!

I typed this to be more of a tongue-in-cheek, lighthearted topic. It's weird and gross but not a big deal in the whole scope of things. :)

Pets are strange little dudes.

• Like 1

Plastic carpet runners turned spike side up did a good job of convincing our problem pee-er that the litter box was better than her favorite spots. That might be fairly easy to place around the car-although it will also make sure no human ever goes barefoot in your garage more than once! (They feel about like stepping on a lego to me. Ouch!)

• Like 3

Thought of this thread as one of my cats decided he owned my freshly washed fleece sweater that I dropped onto the bed. And later, when I walked through the room again, I saw that the other cat decided he owned the sweater too.  :001_rolleyes:

I'm about to re-wash a load of laundry that sat in the basket too long... and got owned.  I hate folding, but I guess I have to do it right away now.

Did you ever see the cartoon with a black dress and pointed hat laid out on a bed?  The caption read, "Why witches have black cats."  Haha! 

• Like 4

I'm about to re-wash a load of laundry that sat in the basket too long... and got owned.  I hate folding, but I guess I have to do it right away now.

Did you ever see the cartoon with a black dress and pointed hat laid out on a bed?  The caption read, "Why witches have black cats."  Haha! 

We have one black cat and one orange/white so no clothing colors are safe. :p

• Like 2