Menu

Cute undies that aren't uncomfortable

Janie Grace

I'm in need of an underwear update, and in the past most of my underwear have been from Victoria's Secret. I have been able to find a good balance of cute but comfortable there. However, last time I went, everything I tried on was really uncomfortable. Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative place to get undies that are not granny panties (read: dh appreciates my effort) but are not supremely uncomfortable?

What do you consider granny panties?  Bikini?  Brief?  When I was at VS, these twenty somethings were calling everything except thong type undies granny panties.  I can't wear thongs anymore!  I refuse to have a constant wedgie.  I also insist on cotton which I noticed it getting harder to find in cuter styles.  

I bought these From Wal-Mart after a rec. from the forum: https://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Loom-Womens-Bikini-Panties/dp/B00L66KP66

No wedgies and cute.

Eta: there's a hipster style too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GSOFXEA/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CI2J1JI/ref=pd_aw_sim_193_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D67BGE403EMG1KQ9J29K

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain
  • Like 1

What do you consider granny panties?  Bikini?  Brief?  When I was at VS, these twenty somethings were calling everything except thong type undies granny panties.  I can't wear thongs anymore!  I refuse to have a constant wedgie.  I also insist on cotton which I noticed it getting harder to find in cuter styles.  

Oh gosh, no thongs. Ouch.

I guess I consider "granny panties" to be unadorned cotton briefs. I have some cotton bikinis (from Costco!) that I love but I was looking for cuter undies to replace some of my more fun pairs (colored/prints, lacy or microfiber with cute trim). 

Those are cute! Cheap, too! Are they comfortable (waist/leg bands, material)?

LOL! That was me! I LOVE those underwear. I was about to post the link when I saw you already did :)

• Like 3

Those are cute! Cheap, too! Are they comfortable (waist/leg bands, material)?

Yup! Very light, very stretchy, no chafing. And for comfort they also have plain microfiber ones which are not very cute, but like the ultimate comfort. I bought a bunch for now until I'm done with postpartum as I needed a bigger size now anyway at 8 months and figured they would be good for putting pads in. But then I'll go back to the lace ones. 

• Like 1

LOL! That was me! I LOVE those underwear. I was about to post the link when I saw you already did :)

Thank you so much for the rec. I must have a body shape (ample behind) conducive to undies bunching because anything that wasn't granny style gave me issues, but I've had no problems with these.

Thank you so much for the rec. I must have a body shape (ample behind) conducive to undies bunching because anything that wasn't granny style gave me issues, but I've had no problems with these.

Uh oh. I have a very small behind... hopefully they'll work on the less-endowed too.

I'm telling you, you can really get a complex about having a small/flat butt these days. Big booties are the THING.

• Like 2

Uh oh. I have a very small behind... hopefully they'll work on the less-endowed too.

I'm telling you, you can really get a complex about having a small/flat butt these days. Big booties are the THING.

Hopefully they work for you! I think it's more the design than the fullness of the bottoms. They don't actually cover my cheeks, which is normal for me with bikini cut undies. Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

I have a small bottom and they fit me fine :)

And for the person that asked, no, not scratchy at all. I've got sensory issues, and these don't bother me at all. 

• Like 2

http://www.target.com/p/women-s-micro-with-lace-cheeky-hipster-gilligan-o-malley/-/A-14924053

Target carries these Gilligan & O'Malley Micro Lace Cheeky Hipsters, which are the closet design to...

...my Holy Grail of underwear (only I got them in black and lilac):

http://www.target.com/p/women-s-micro-lace-hipster-gilligan-o-malley/-/A-13772954

I bought these Micro Lace Hipsters from Target a couple years ago. The most comfortable undies I've ever worn.

• Like 1

I have some really pretty undies. I need to go upstairs and look at the brand. When I wash them and hang them to dry I think of Easter eggs -- the colors are really pretty. And, yes, they're super comfortable.

DH was all about buying me gorgeous, but totally not-wearable underwear like thongs and stuff that rode up high. I just kept saying no, no, and no.

He thinks I'm a jerk b/c I won't live in an uncomfortable state. I really wish he'd get to know some other women. He thinks I'm unusual and most women are running around wearing thongs under their dresses and yoga pants.

I know. He's nuts. (He's great in so many ways, but this just isn't one of them.)

I'll get you the brand name in the morning. They're worth it.

Alley

• Like 1