Menu

amazon prime . . .

gardenmom5

their definitions need work . . . .

2ds ordered a textbook.  prime was saturday (that's three full business days - plus today and saturday)

he wanted one day shipping.  . . that's thursday.   he needs it for a class on thursday . . . we'll see which comes first, as it's an afternoon class.

but, I did just get some big boxes from amazon.  <3 big boxes.  BIG  boxes.   . . . (ok, I ordered a couple larger than usual items too._

• Like 1

You mean their definition of 2-day shipping? Yeah I noticed that varies a lot depending on location and/or time of day order is placed. Also whether or not your area delivers on weekends. We send a lot of our stuff to our PO box but our PO is not open on weekends. Some items we send directly to our house but we won't get it til Monday if delivery should fall on a weekend because the carriers here don't seem to deliver on weekends or reroute it to PO (most of our stuff comes UPS and our local PO has instructed us to include both addresses due to smart post). I think Wed. afternoon is the cutoff for me to place an order and get it before Monday. Wed as processing and Friday as delivery?? Not sure if I remember correctly.

While there have been times when an item shipped and didn't get here in 2 days, for the most part it works. Once the item ships, it arrives at my door in two days.  Amazon makes it clear on their website that the 2 day count starts once the item is shipped. It doesn't mean if you order a Prime eligible item you'll have it in two days. I think that misconception is what disappoints a lot of people. 

• If the item you're ordering is out of stock or unavailable to ship immediately, the shipping method time starts when the item ships. For example, it will take two business days after an item ships to reach you with Two-Day Shipping.
  • Like 2

I ordered an item today, Jan 3, at 530 pm with prime. I could pay extra and have it delivered tomorrow or I could have free "2" day shipping. I chose the free, but it won't arrive until Monday, Jan 9th.

We had great luck with everything arriving within 2 days of ordering for Christmas, so this really surprised me. We have an Amazon warehouse locally, too, though maybe my item won't be from the local warehouse.

I'm frustrated about their shipping promises. If you claim prime is 2 days, (assuming delivery in your area), then take off items that immediately say 3-5 days when checking out. It just feels like false advertising since I'm sure the computer knows already before I put it in my cart on my account that it's going to take longer.

• Like 4

It USED to be that you would get it in 2 days. 

Where I live, "Prime" means that I will get things in 3 weeks unless I contact them and ask for it to be processed faster. I have no issue with the mail speed (not 2 day for me), but seriously it takes over 14 days to put my *bleep* in the *bleeping* box?  Regular speed from any other company gets here faster than Amazon now so I am thinking about dropping Prime. Would have been no issue but we just got an Alexa device given to us for Christmas so suddenly hubby is into Prime Music :-p  Might drop it anyway....

• Like 4

Yes, but I live in an area with 2hr delivery. Why can't they bring me my freaking diet Pepsi and color catcher sheets and printer ink? It's all stuff that should theoretically be in their 2hr warehouse here, because they are offering it through prime now, but it's not here.

-----I am sick, dh is out of town, and my attempt to go to the store yesterday ended with us backing out of the driveway and youngest screaming, "I am going to have a potty accident!" As soon as my grocery store finishes their construction for a drive through pickup window, my amazon prime orders are going way down.

• Like 1

It USED to be that you would get it in 2 days. 

Where I live, "Prime" means that I will get things in 3 weeks unless I contact them and ask for it to be processed faster. I have no issue with the mail speed (not 2 day for me), but seriously it takes over 14 days to put my *bleep* in the *bleeping* box?  Regular speed from any other company gets here faster than Amazon now so I am thinking about dropping Prime. Would have been no issue but we just got an Alexa device given to us for Christmas so suddenly hubby is into Prime Music :-p  Might drop it anyway....

did you see the story with the 6yo asking alexa echo about a dollhouse and cookies?  she swears she was only asking questions.  mom was shocked to find an order confirmation come through her email.  a 4lb container of danish cookies.  and a $180 dollhouse.  at least the mom was good natured about it - some people could NOT have afforded that to happen to them.   they ate the cookies, and she was planning on donating the dollhouse.

I order a lot from Amazon (today, a vacuum cleaner and a toaster oven arrived on my doorstep -- amazing!).

I have noticed that 2-days isn't always 2 days.  :huh:   And sometimes there is ONE item in my cart that will change an entire order from 2-day arrival to a 3-day arrival.  I wish they'd indicate this, though ALL the items *say* Prime when I put them in the cart -- it's just the arrival time varies.  It's confusing.

I will say, I placed an order yesterday, an emergency order for 2 pairs of slacks and 4 dress shirts (DH is officiating a wedding on FRIDAY and informed me that he has nothing to wear).  It's supposed to arrive Thursday (I would've paid for 1-day shipping but it wasn't an option.)  Well, let's hope something there fits...and thank goodness for FREE RETURNS!

did you see the story with the 6yo asking alexa echo about a dollhouse and cookies? she swears she was only asking questions. mom was shocked to find an order confirmation come through her email. a 4lb container of danish cookies. and a $180 dollhouse. at least the mom was good natured about it - some people could NOT have afforded that to happen to them. they ate the cookies, and she was planning on donating the dollhouse.

I didn't see that but I could see how it would happen. I would notice in my email within an hour at most, plenty of time to cancel, but my kids have very specific things they are allowed to say to the device and also a cap on the number of songs they can play per day. There are only so many times you can hear everything is awesome or eye of the tiger :)

did you see the story with the 6yo asking alexa echo about a dollhouse and cookies?  she swears she was only asking questions.  mom was shocked to find an order confirmation come through her email.  a 4lb container of danish cookies.  and a $180 dollhouse.  at least the mom was good natured about it - some people could NOT have afforded that to happen to them.   they ate the cookies, and she was planning on donating the dollhouse.

:svengo:

I saw a video circulating (I can't remember if it was here or just on FB) with a boy speaking to Alexa and she thought he wanted her to look up some adult content. The parents started yelling at Alexa to turn off in a hurry :laugh:

As soon as my grocery store finishes their construction for a drive through pickup window, my amazon prime orders are going way down.

I order my groceries online and get them from the pickup lane, and we STILL order a lot on Prime.

Friday I went to the mall with DS, and we shopped EVERYWHERE. She had a list, and I was looking for a new light coat. I knew exactly what I wanted to spend (less then $50) and exactly what I wanted (a hip-length black quilted coat). I never found my coat at the mall. I came home and ordered one that looked good on Amazon (Calvin Klein, $33), and got it Tuesday. It's exactly what I wanted.

Today it was two pairs of sunglasses and a package of socks. DH ordered a new cell phone from Amazon today because it was backordered for 1-2 weeks on Republic, and he's impatient. Then I had to order the SIM card from Republic, but he should have a working phone by Monday.

Prime rocks!

Edited by G5052
  • Like 2

I've only been using the free trial for 2 weeks, but everything has come on the day they "guaranteed". Some items do seem to take longer than others, but as long as I pay attention to the date given, they always get here.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

My DD and I placed a prime order earlier this week and included an 'add-on' item that we could, of course, only order together with something else.

Two days later, the box comes....With only the add-on item. Lol! What's the point of it being an add-on if they are going to ship it separately?

• Like 2