Menu

S/O Spouse & stocking - check in

Granny_Weatherwax

If you read or were part of the other thread, please post how it went. Were you surprised in any way? Did it go as you thought it would?

My DH surprised me and had some stocking stuffers for me. He purchased a container of my dad's favorite candy and he put in a gift certificate for a pedicure. That might not be a lot by some standards but it was thoughtful and done on his own.

• Like 3

My DH got me "one small thing" for my stocking, which turned out to be not as small as I thought and so I'm glad I actually had "two small things" for his. We were pretty even. 

He got me a "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed Munchkin game (I'm a fan of both, so it's perfect), as well as a can of Guarana (a Brazilian soda we all like but he doesn't, so the kids & I each got one can); I got  him a 2-pack of non-stick grill mats that you cook on, for the BBQ grill (for things like fish, veggies, kabobs, burgers, etc.) as well as a fancy cheese slicer because he hates the one we have. 

We were both surprised, pleasantly so. It was nice. :) 

• Like 4

My poor husband. 

Earlier this week I told him "I can't find the stockings."  My kids really like the stockings and I had things for them, so I figured it the stockings didn't turn up, I'd just put things on their kitchen chair.  Later I found the stockings so all was well.  But I didn't think to mention it to him. So he thought stocking gifts were off.   Hence, he had nothing for me, which is actually not unusual though he has been getting better.

But I had planned ahead.  I bought myself two nice pens, some tic-tacs, a pack of blank cards from the dollar store, and a small pack of Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups.  My daughter, who has a job and thus money of her own, gave me some cute little notebooks and a lipstick.   

So, it was great!    If the kids noticed that they had been with me when the pb cups were purchased, they didn't let on.  Actually I know my daughter knew exactly what was going on, but that's fine.  She knows her Dad has other fine qualities.  :-)

Edited by marbel
  • Like 3

My dh remembered the lipstick that I wanted (mentioned here last year - Mac in syrup). He said imagine what is was like for a guy to go buy lipstick in a makeup store with only women in there. Last year, he got me the Clinique lipstick that was mentioned here (black honey, I think).

He also got me a pack of nail files that I like to get every year. Last year, he got me a metal file that is supposed to last for years, so he thought that I wouldn't need anymore nail files, but I prefer the regular ones over the metal one.

I also got Teavana tea and Peppermint paddies.

• Like 2

I love stockings. DH had a learning curve, but he rocked it. :)

Some items were, errr, private, but he totally rocked the good chocolate, handmade soap and pandora charms! And a great new charging cable that lights up. And more...

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 2

As expected, my husband got me nothing. I'm mostly ok with it. Mostly. I mean, it still kinda stings, but I am trying to not let it get to me. I had a list, I dropped some hints so unsubtle, they can't really be called hints anymore. And now I'm going to be spending money on myself in the next couple days once I make a final decision on which purse I want. ;) Because this is how I console myself.

• Like 1

I love stockings. DH had a learning curve, but he rocked it. :)

Some items were, errr, private, but he totally rocked the good chocolate, handmade soap and pandora charms! And a great new charging cable that lights up. And more...

Do you open stockings in front of other people? :)

Only thing in my stocking was a new can opener but I dh also got me a new memory foam pillow (I've been complaining about my pillow for a while), a new comforter for our bed (dog chewed up ours).  He also had my mother get me an external hard drive because I was running out of space on my computer.

Do you open stockings in front of other people? :)

It was just us and the kids this year, so he managed to tell me what to put aside (it was wrapped) and he distracted the kids by directing them to open gifts from under the tree. :)

It wasn't anything I couldn't explain away, if absolutely necessary. Whew!