Menu

little girl names

We're "road testing" these options. Not sure the order of preference any longer. DH wasn't "struck", but he did try out Caroline first. She's got such a strong personality this little person of ours. She's spoiled rotten by absolultely everyone in the family. :) She's adorable and it's hard to say that she's going to be our final child. But I'm getting older and I think my toes would just shrivel up if I had to committ to months worth of night time feedings again. Everything else I can take in stride. I. need. my. sleep. But I digress. Thank you! I think this is going to come right down to the minute.

Caroline Trinity (army, warrior. Also a family name)

Eliana Trinity (my God has answered)

Carina Trinity (beloved)

Hannah Trinity (Grace, favor)

Edited by CalicoKat

I love Caroline. Its such a solid classic with cute nickname options.

Warning: The new version of "Beyond Jennifer and Jason, Madison and Montana" is going to be called, "Beyond Ava and Aiden", reflecting how popular those names are. That may not be an issue for you.

Are you looking for suggestions? Or for feedback on the names you listed?

both. if you don't love the choices, tell me. if you've got a better suggestion, tell me.

this is the last little person I get to name and I only have one name to get it right. bm gave her the name Trinity (love it) but she does need another name from us.

Warning: The new version of "Beyond Jennifer and Jason, Madison and Montana" is going to be called, "Beyond Ava and Aiden", reflecting how popular those names are. That may not be an issue for you.

hmmm. .. . didn't know that. good to know. not sure I like swimming with all the fishes.

brings to mind another option - Carina (beloved)

both. if you don't love the choices, tell me. if you've got a better suggestion, tell me.

this is the last little person I get to name and I only have one name to get it right. bm gave her the name Trinity (love it) but she does need another name from us.

I'm not wild about any of the suggestions, to be honest, although I don't hate them either. I love the name Eliana (I think my opinion of our boardmate is influencing me here) but put together with Trinity it seems quite a mouthful.

I like Trinity. I'm just finding it tricky to work with as a middle name.

Sorry. That was not very helpful.:tongue_smilie:

I'll keep thinking.

I'm not wild about any of the suggestions, to be honest, although I don't hate them either. I love the name Eliana (I think my opinion of our boardmate is influencing me here) but put together with Trinity it seems quite a mouthful.

I like Trinity. I'm just finding it tricky to work with as a middle name.

Sorry. That was not very helpful.:tongue_smilie:

I'll keep thinking.

that's exactly what we've been thinking too. We always give the name a "yell" test and we just keep tripping up on this one. :001_smile:

This one! Eliana is one of my all time favorite girl names, it flows beautifully with the middle name "Trinity" and the meaning is perfect for an adopted child. :001_smile:

yes, it's a great name and it was our first pick. Just doesn't seem just right though - maybe it's our anxiety though in wanting the last name we give out to be absoutely perfect.

I like Eliana. When I read your list, I thought "Eliana Trinity" had the best flow.

Trinity's a tough one for a middle name, though. Not sure how you're going to make that work out well in the "yell test!" :lol: I can yell Eliana Trinity without too much trouble.

You know, Abigail is a nice name to yell, even without a middle name. AbiGAIL!! Ask me how I know. :D

This one! Eliana is one of my all time favorite girl names, it flows beautifully with the middle name "Trinity" and the meaning is perfect for an adopted child. :001_smile:

Ditto. Eliana was our first pick but gramma couldn't say it. :glare:

I like Caroline. I think mostly because it is a classic/regular name that counters the "differentness" of Trinity. My step sister planned to name her only child Pi. Just before he was born, they decided to use James as his first name. I think that gives the child the option of using a classic name later on should he decide later that the "different" name is not to his liking.

I do like the other names though. But, I think Caroline sounds the best, too.

If you are going to continue to call her Trinity, why not keep Trinity as her first name and give her a new middle name? Most of the names suggested sound Great (imho!) as a middle name with Trinity, but Trinity as a middle name is a bit more challenging.

Whichever way you go, blessings to you & her!!!

Anne

If you are going to continue to call her Trinity, why not keep Trinity as her first name and give her a new middle name? Most of the names suggested sound Great (imho!) as a middle name with Trinity, but Trinity as a middle name is a bit more challenging.

Whichever way you go, blessings to you & her!!!

Anne

It's for security reasons and a strong suggestion from the caseworker. To protect her identity from her birth family--they're not the safest people.

I like Caroline out of the ones on your list. Hannah is also good.

There's also Sarah Trinity. I don't know your last name, but with a 3-syllable middle name, you may want to focus on 2-syllable first names. I think there are a few websites that let you search based on syllables and initials.

3 syllable last name here-- :001_smile: My sister's dd is Sarah. I do feel that we could use that name, but sis would be miffed.