Menu

Murphy101 - Just checking in.

lauraw4321

There was a mom who was posting that she had a really bad feeling about an upcoming delivery, and was getting some input on how to convince her OB to induce her early. Did she update? If she did, I missed it, and I couldn't remember her name or find anything in the search feature.

ETA: Posters reminded me it was you. You had been on my mind, and I wanted to see if there was an update.

Edited by lauraw4321
  • Like 2

Hi everyone! Thanks for thinking of me.

I'm doing okay. Less than 2 weeks before my scheduled c/s.

This past week it seemed like everything we own broke, except for my water. Mower, frig, oven, crock pot, dh's insulin pump, my van. And dh's contract boss is whining for him to be in TX or else tomorrow. Ugh. So I figure for sure Murphy's law means I have to go into labor tomorrow. 😆😒🙄

OB appt today went well. The Braxton hicks kept me up until 5am, so I'm going to have a nap soon.

And why have they not invented amniotic fluid testing panty liners yet? Wouldn't it be great if you could just use liners and they'd turn blue or whatever if amniotic fluid leaked? It's dumb to be on my 11th baby and have no idea if this is going to be the kid that breaks my bladder (never had bladder leaking before) or if my water is trickling a bit. Not going to the hospital to figure that out. Mentioned it to OB and she offered to check me, but we were in agreement that time will tell one way or the other eventually. So finally something positive about OB. She wasn't pushing for checking me like so many do and it was nice to not have to argue about it. Also, dh is a bit traumatized from previous delivery bc the two OBs and I were talking about how to make this c/s more momma/baby friendly or comfortable and all the sudden dh dropped into a chair with his head between his legs and unnerved the OBs. I wasn't phased. I just said, "oh yeah, he knows how to handle himself. As you were saying about not pulling the uterus out for the procedure...?" Lol

Also, Alan Jackson's 'It must be love' was playing on the radio as we left the OB appt. I think it's an ode to the very pregnant woman.

And last night we finally found The Name for baby girl but dh has decided he doesn't want to announce until the birth this time.

So it's down to wait and see in anticipation at this point.

Thanks again for asking about me! Very sweet to be cared about!🙂

• Like 23

Hi everyone! Thanks for thinking of me.

I'm doing okay. Less than 2 weeks before my scheduled c/s.

This past week it seemed like everything we own broke, except for my water. Mower, frig, oven, crock pot, dh's insulin pump, my van. And dh's contract boss is whining for him to be in TX or else tomorrow. Ugh. So I figure for sure Murphy's law means I have to go into labor tomorrow. 😆😒🙄

OB appt today went well. The Braxton hicks kept me up until 5am, so I'm going to have a nap soon.

And why have they not invented amniotic fluid testing panty liners yet? Wouldn't it be great if you could just use liners and they'd turn blue or whatever if amniotic fluid leaked? It's dumb to be on my 11th baby and have no idea if this is going to be the kid that breaks my bladder (never had bladder leaking before) or if my water is trickling a bit. Not going to the hospital to figure that out. Mentioned it to OB and she offered to check me, but we were in agreement that time will tell one way or the other eventually. So finally something positive about OB. She wasn't pushing for checking me like so many do and it was nice to not have to argue about it. Also, dh is a bit traumatized from previous delivery bc the two OBs and I were talking about how to make this c/s more momma/baby friendly or comfortable and all the sudden dh dropped into a chair with his head between his legs and unnerved the OBs. I wasn't phased. I just said, "oh yeah, he knows how to handle himself. As you were saying about not pulling the uterus out for the procedure...?" Lol

Also, Alan Jackson's 'It must be love' was playing on the radio as we left the OB appt. I think it's an ode to the very pregnant woman.

And last night we finally found The Name for baby girl but dh has decided he doesn't want to announce until the birth this time.

So it's down to wait and see in anticipation at this point.

Thanks again for asking about me! Very sweet to be cared about!🙂

I can't wait to hear the name!  

And why have they not invented amniotic fluid testing panty liners yet? Wouldn't it be great if you could just use liners and they'd turn blue or whatever if amniotic fluid leaked?

This definitely exists and has for some time. Not sure if it is available in the US, but one brand is called Al-Sense.

• Like 2