Menu

What, besides English muffins, can I use as a base to make individual frozen pizzas?

Do you split them before topping or is it better to leave them whole?

Not Rebecca'S but when I lived in Israel this is how pizza was served at restaurants back in the 80s. The pita was not split open and the sauce was not red but olive oil with chunks of garlic and cheese was not mozzarella :001_smile:

I have friends who use pita as a base in the states and they make it close to traditional American pizza.

I have used canned bisquit dough as a base. Just pat the round out to a little bigger than muffin size, put on the toppings and cook it in the toaster oven.

We roll out or flatten canned biscuits. They brown up nicely and the taste is pretty close to a regular pizza crust.

Ooo, I like that idea. My dc don't like the biscuits plain but for some reason I buy those biscuits occasionally because they are cheap and I have a coupon. :lol:

We use pitas, I spray them with olive oil and toast them slightly first then add the toppings.

For flour tortillas, we just put the toppings on ... don't put too many or it gets soggy/icky.

We make our own with a basic recipe from allrecipes.com. I add Italian seasonings to the dough to make it really flavorful. I try to make an extra batch each time and make individual sized pizza crusts and bake them for about half the alloted time. Let them cool and freeze them separated by wax paper in your ziploc freezer bags. Yum.

I was just going to say this! I use the Grand's biscuit dough. Dd loves pizzas like this.

We just had pizza like this for lunch today! When I'm in a pinch I whip up a batch of biscuit dough and use that to make pizza. Very quick!

My kids dont' like english muffins either. We use hot dog buns sometimes.

Hamburger buns. We made these at the school I attended from 7th-12th grade. The 9th-12th grades rotated "hot lunch" duty on Fridays. This was a fundraiser for them. A very popular hot lunch was "pizza burgers". They were open face sandwiches, made with hamburger bun halves, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.

I make these now for myself and dc, occasionally dh too, but we put whatever pizza toppings we want on them.