Menu

Stranger Things

BigMamaBird

My Dh and I just finished binge watching Stranger Things on Netflix.  I really enjoyed it!  

It's like a mix of all the best 80's movies, X-Files and a Stephen King novel.  Very well written, beautifully shot and the kids are amazing.

I highly recommend it.

Edited by BigMamaBird
  • Like 5

In addition, I thought the part where Nancy looks through the sports equipment, gazes at the croquet mallets, and then grabs the baseball bat was a nod to The Shining.

Edited by Outdoorsy Type
  • Like 1

It is really good, especially for anyone who grew up in the 80s. Whole thing starts with a bunch of kids playing D&D which made me smile big. There is a kid plot (bunch of 12 year olds ), a teen plot and some good acting from the chief of police as a foundation. I really hope there is a season 2.

• Like 4

I meant to watch only the first episode...I just finish episode eight.

It is 4am.

Oops!

:lol: Younger DD was at day camp the week before last, and older DD and I started watching on Monday. We were like, "OK, we watched two episodes today, so if we watch two per day we could make this thing last almost the whole week!" We finished the series at 2:00 on Tuesday. Sometimes you just have to know what happens!

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops
  • Like 2

I haven't seen the show, but this article turned up in my Twitter feed. Now I'd like to see the show.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/july-web-only/stranger-things.html

Great article, thanks for posting.  

To his caveats I'll add, I did a bit of peeking over my shoulder while taking the dog out for her midnight potty break!  After a show like this I have to remind myself that I'm a grown woman and the only thing in the dark to be afraid of is our neighborhood skunk!

• Like 3