Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

I hope you feel better, Jean! 

I hope everyone else has a good day and wonderful holiday weekend, too!

We are headed to Ohio later today to see dh's family. His dad was diagnosed with cancer of the kidney and adrenal gland. He had tests yesterday to see if it has spread but won't know until we are on our way back home next week. He's been in a lot of pain, not wanted to eat, and lost a lot of weight. We are praying it's just the pain and not that it has spread. 

Done:

breakfast for dh (no lunch because he'll be home by 11:30)

fed cats

coffee

laundry (one load out of dryer, one moved in, starting another in the washer)

dishwasher (started it)

To Do:

more coffee

finish laundry

pack for our trip to see dh's family

take cat food to neighbor

hit the road for our 10+ hour drive

• Like 7

I hope you get some rest, Jean and Amy, I hope your fil has good news about his diagnosisF!

Today:

Grade Latin exams

Breakfast school with teens

Latin with teens

Mass at noon

afternoon is kind of free so maybe some studying, some napping, some puttering around cleaning here and there.

5:00 Adoration

pizza for dinner

• Like 7

I kept slipping into Friday mode all day yesterday.  

Weed flower bed

Supervising teacher is visiting.  (We <3 her.)

Barton

School stuff - light

Plan something for dinner

Laundry 

Pay bills

Edited by BlsdMama
  • Like 6

(((Jean))) (((Amy and family)))

For Today:

Done Misc. lessons with Youngers

Done Delve into Mysterious Pile of stuff

Done Supervise laundry

Done Dishes

Done Drink water

Done Help ds11 sort through drawers

Done Binder covers

Done Dd13's music binder

Strength & stretching exercises

Email choir director (Tuesday instead)

Done Visit lesson academy

Drink water

Grocery list

Lunch - fish sandwiches, sweet potato fries

Dinner - ?

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Good morning!

We are going out of town tomorrow so today is crazy busy!

Pack kids' stuff.

Drop dog at dog-sitter.

Clean the house - bathrooms, floors, tidy, clean fridge

Get snacks for the drive

Vacuum out and wipe down the inside of my van!! 

Laundry

Pack my clothes

Find light auto-timers

Ask a neighbor to take in the mail.

Double check printed out directions. Find a map? I don't trust GPS in the mountains and our data plan is limited.

Call my mom.

YNAB and get cash. 

Dinner - Eat at the grill at the pool.  :hurray:

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good Morning!

Wishing you a restful day Jean.   :grouphug:

Amy praying for a good outcome for your FIL.  :grouphug:

Today:

quick clean house

laundry

cut up fresh fruit 

figure out what to make with what's left in the freezer 

make a plan to get the rest of the house packed up and keep everything moving

Have a good day!

• Like 4

Dh took the red-eye back last night/this AM so I'm expecting him home any time now.  In-laws arrive today.  They left Philadelphia on Tuesday to get to Tampa today.  Lovely people, but I feel like I have to entertain them constantly.  They are staying at a hotel so it could be much, much worse.  LOL

-get oldest off to school

-exercise (total body cardio sculpt)

-clean up lanai/pool cage area (weed, clean up pool toys, get cushions on chairs, etc)

-straighten up (house isn't too bad)

-get some laundry done

-shower and get ready

-grocery store for a few things (snacks, lunch stuff, vegetables)

-try to finish the book I'm reading

-get oldest from school and to pitching lesson

-dinner (I made meatballs and sauce yesterday)

-take inlaws to Honeymoon Island to watch sunset over the Gulf

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Howdy.  I'm glad it's Friday, but that means I have to get a bunch of work done and out today, so I hope I have it in me.  :P

I have the house to myself at the moment, so the temptation to do housework instead of work work is strong.  However, I believe it will get me into trouble, so I will try to control myself.  I'll still do some though.  The rest, I will save for the weekend and hopefully get the kids working with me on it (really need to build those habits).

I did sleep about 7 hours last night, which is pretty good for this time of year.  I am still sinusy and my back hurts, but not too bad so far.

The list:

• Work in the early morning.  [done]
  • Kids up & off to school bus.  [done]
  • Pet care.  [done]
  • Clean kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.  [done]
  • Work.
  • Some laundry.
  • Kids' work.
  • It would be great if I could get some exercise after a week of mostly sitting.
  • Dinner out.  (I think it's my turn to choose the restaurant - bah!  I don't like any restaurant that much.)
  • Watch a couple shows on DVD.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 4

Good morning! ((Jean)) and ((Amy)). We have a busy day and weekend here. It is chilly and grey; the meet tonight might not be so much fun.

To do:

Little bit of school

Laundry

Clean up/try to leave the house clean, so maybe it will stay that way (hah!)

Make pasta salad

Dig out sleeping bags, tarps, etc for meet

Library if time

Head to meet

Have a great weekend!

• Like 4

I got a strange text from an unfamiliar number:

[DD name]:  I threw up at school text [classmate's] mom back

Or [teacher's name]

I texted both the room mom and the teacher.  That was about an hour ago.  No news.

They have their class picnic today, so I don't even know where they are exactly.

Too weird.

And now, just when I was planning to go down and refill my coffee, someone came home whom I don't want to chat with.  (It will be a "what is the status of your work" chat and they are never fun.)

Guess I had better get back to work....

Edited by SKL
  • Like 3

Humph.

I do *not* feel like Barton today.  I did NOT do my flower beds.

I quit.  :P

I want a nap.  It's dreary here and instead I have teens home today so I'm putting shorties down for a nap and quiet time and I'm going to go run errands so we can do little this weekend.

Dinner got planned - takeout pizza.

We are going to my mom and dad's tonight to help with storm clean-up and cutting up a couple trees.  Should be a good time by all!  :)

• Like 5

Kelly, I like you dinner plan. We may go with that plan as well. :)

Good plan!

I planned on punting dinner from the get-go today! This happens much more often to me in the summer than at other times of the year. It is good for things to just be easy sometimes.  

• Like 3

OK, this was a little weird.  2+ hours after I got the text re my daughter throwing up - and immediately responded and also texted the teacher - I finally got a text back from the teacher:  she's all better.  Half an hour after that, another text - she's sick again.  Is she OK to take the bus home (since school will end by the time I get there)?  Nope, she says she is going to hurl.  So up I go with a bucket in my car.

Well, I can now say that it is a lot easier to clean a bucket of puke than a car full of puke.  (But you already knew that.)

Meanwhile, work is behind, people are asking for more info on the work I sent out, the computer is running slow, and I don't know how I'm going to meet my goals for today ....

• Like 3

Jean - bail.  You have my official permission to take a four day weekend.  Feet up, lemonade.

Tammy - I am so sympathetic.  Our AC is out as of last night, apparently 28 year old central AC units aren't dependable.  Who could have guessed?  It's *really* humid here today - - but not dreadful hot (86.)  Paradox is reminding me to be grateful I'm *not* in Texas. 

DD is out with that boy of hers, DS is headed to a campfire with friends.

DH is picking up the pizzas then we're off to my Mom & Dad's to cut trees.  The kids are in "get filthy" clothes.  I love going to their house on summer nights - highlight of the day.  They are pretty relaxed - it's the one place you can take nine kids, let them run totally carefree, put your feet up, have something cold to drink, and just relax.

• Like 1

My afternoon ended up not being so idyllic. 

I was driving to drop dd off to workout with a friend.  And OMG. A toddler was just walking down the busy street straight for a bus. I stopped and Dd jumped out and grabbed the baby. Another lady stopped and grabbed his puppy. I called police. We gave statements and waited 20 minutes with police. No signs of parents. We didn't want to give the little guy up to the policeman who clearly was freaked out by a child.  But we did.

It's been an hour and just now the adrenaline is starting to subside.  I hope that they find his parents.

(I also went to the grocery store and got turkey burgers to grill for supper.)

Oh my, Jean!!! I'm so thankful you were there! 

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! We made it in about 10 hours, so that's great timing for a holiday weekend. FIL has lost weight, but he is in good spirits considering his pain. He says nothing tastes good, so I don't know if that's the pain or the cancer.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 1

We went to dinner and Miss E seems to feel better now.  The aunties took the kids to the toy store and bought them some toys and skateboards.  Spoiled!  Everyone ended the day happy, so I hope tomorrow will go well.  Morning horse riding is planned.

I'm going to go to bed even though my work isn't done.  I give up.  :)

• Like 1