Menu

Where do you get shoes for your kids?

I am pretty put off by price and selection after making the rounds. I have some hand me down shoes for dds for church, but they need tennis shoes. Everything is SO hideous (hot pink with Dora etc). I wouldn't mind paying the $15-$20 as much if I liked them, although I have never paid more than $12 for shoes for dds. Any suggestions?

I am pretty put off by price and selection after making the rounds. I have some hand me down shoes for dds for church, but they need tennis shoes. Everything is SO hideous (hot pink with Dora etc). I wouldn't mind paying the $15-$20 as much if I liked them, although I have never paid more than $12 for shoes for dds. Any suggestions?

When my kids were your kids age I'd get them from Target or Payless. We still go there but for the boys, we go to the Vans & Sketcher outlet. Skater shoes wear out FAST!~

You probably won't like my answer but here it is. Nordstom. My girls all have "funny" feet and I too hate the selection and quality that I found in cheaper stores. The thing about Nordstrom is that the shoes are so much higher quality, the selection is less gaudy, they don't wear out as quickly so you can pass them down, you can return them even if they've been worn if for some reason you don't like them, the service is exceptional...and on and on. You really do get what you pay for.

I hate shopping for kids' shoes. I blog about my dislike of shoe shopping. Four kids times three pairs of shoes (school, church, PE) equals a big headache. I find it especially frustrating at Wal-Mart. It seems the sizes are all mixed up, and I frequently don't like the selection. But my kids are hard on shoes and clothes, so I hate to spend a lot of money on them.

This fall, I took all four kids to Payless Shoes. The helpful woman measured their feet, and I sent each kid to their size with instructions to bring back the three pairs. I helped the toddler.

Quick and easy. I liked the shoes and so did the kids. And we went during a Buy One Get One Half Off time, so the sticker shock wasn't horrible.

We like Sketchers.

Holly

Marshall's. I'm super picky about quality in the kids' shoes (and mine too!), and our Marshall's always has a decent selection of quality brands that I trust. DD3 is currently wearing Umi shoes that cost $16.99 and Stride Rite sneakers that cost around the same. DD6 has Avia and New Balance sneakers from there too, that I think cost $13.99. If you have one near you, it might be worth checking out.

I love Marshall's for myself and the kids' shoes. I have bought a few pairs of dress shoes that I knew they wouldn't wear often at Payless. Then, I saw a pair of boots I liked and tried them on. I was shocked by how poorly they were made. I literally felt I was standing on cardboard. It made me worry about what my daughters' shoes were like. Marshall's has a great selection of good quality shoes. Of course, they don't always have the size we need, but we have a few in the area to shop at. And for the sizes you would need, they have REALLY cute things. I miss those little feet!

happy shopping!

my oldest has narrow feet. So Target and Payless are out. I have to buy more expensive shoes but I buy them on ebay or at outlets. I also buy them at goodwill if they are in decent condition. I try to avoid buying narrows because dd2's feet are not as narrow. And I really prefer to pass them on, if at all possible. <sigh>

All my kids have wide or extra wide feet so it's Stride Rite we a go. I have so much trouble finding shoes for my kids. I hate that the shoes cost so much, but the shoes that Stride Rite has fitted my kids with have always been great. When I go on my own, trying to get cheaper shoes, it's always a bust. Such is the life of the WW foot...:glare:

With five kids I buy most things, including shoes, on super sales or clearance. Kohl's, The Children's Place, Amazon.com, and Wal-Mart have been where I've bought most recently.

Amazon was running a great sale on nice boots and other shoes for girls (maybe they still are). I just got three pairs of nice boots for $25 shipped. I find a lot of great deals for shoes and clothes listed on pinchingyourpennies.com's online deals board. :)