Menu

NME results!

I got a UPS shipping notice-ours should be here Friday...which is also the mythology club meeting. Wouldn't it be awesome if they arrive while the kids are here?

That would be fun!

You are not too far from here, I am surprised yours aren't there yet. No accounting for the way of UPS.

Edited by ScoutTN

That would be fun!

You are not too far from here, I am surprised yours aren't there yet. No accounting for the way of UPS.

I think that it depends on how much stuff they're shipping. I know it does for the test books. Since it's coming UPS ground, I'm hoping that means we have a lot of medals this year. This is probably the last year I'm giving the test-DD has declared herself "done", so I really hope for an awesome showing.

• Like 1

We received ours yesterday and DS got gold! He was so, so excited. This was an exercise in self confidence and following through with something and I'm so glad he saw the results of hard work. First thing he said was, "I'm so proud of myself. I've never won anything in my whole life".

• Like 6

Wow. Lots of golds this year. We didn't have any golds in the group this year. (We usually have at least one.) We had three silver & three bronze medal winners. Several younger siblings tried for the first time this year and while none of them got high enough for a medal, they mostly didn't do too badly. I loved one little fellow who tried the Odyssey, Illiad, & Aenied subtests. (He got 8 out of 10 on the Odyssey test, but didn't do so hot on the others.)

My two were the only two who scored perfectly on the core section. I have a dd who really, really, really wants a gold but it has eluded her by one question several years now!

We had one Sophomore in high school who would have earned a silver, but once they get that old, it is Gold or nothing.

Congrats to all the kids who earned a gold or other medal!!

• Like 3