Menu

Best walking shoes that don't look like running shoes?

38carrots

I used the same pair of Sketchers sandals when I visited Spain for 3 weeks and when I spent another 3 weeks in Sri Lanka. They are very comfortable, perfect for the hot weather, and stylish. So my advice, is something like that?

You are right, I should be looking into sandals! Do you have a link for the ones that you liked?

ETA: Anything like this? https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=skechers+sandals&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=78517972014&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11733188492750623812&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6029hdke7e_e

I'm afraid I can't wear anything like this. I need something with no heel at all. :crying:

Edited by 38carrots

Mine are flat. They resemble a bit the dress sandals on page 5 but they are proper sandals, not slides. I bought mine in a shoe store.

You are right, I should be looking into sandals! Do you have a link for the ones that you liked?

ETA: Anything like this? https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=skechers+sandals&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=78517972014&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11733188492750623812&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6029hdke7e_e

I'm afraid I can't wear anything like this. I need something with no heel at all. :crying:

• Like 1

I bought a pair of Merrell sandals that have a closed toe and a pair of leather Tevas (a little dressier than normal Tevas) that I walked in several miles a day while in DC. They were both very comfortable. I bought one on Zappos and the other through Sierra Trading Post.

Eta: Tevas were Cabrillo style but they have others. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/teva-cabrillo-crossover-sandals-leather-for-women~p~9105p/?filterString=s~teva-sandals-women%2F&colorFamily=04&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod9105P

The Merrells were the Azura Wrap: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MRW727/womens-merrell-azura-wrap/

Edited by Rach
  • Like 1

I used to love my Keen Mary Jane's. They changed the design so they don't fit my foot anymore. The guy at the store said a woman came in and liked the redesign because they finally fit her foot. I'm still bummed about it. I really really loved them.

• Like 1

I have these Skechers and find them very comfortable for walking. I usually wear Birkenstock sandals but the ones I like are cork and can't get wet. When I don't want to worry about that I wear the Skechers. I also don't normally like anything between my toes but these don't bother me.

• Like 1

I used to love my Keen Mary Jane's. They changed the design so they don't fit my foot anymore. The guy at the store said a woman came in and liked the redesign because they finally fit her foot. I'm still bummed about it. I really really loved them.

Me too.....I loved their old Mary Janes. I think their overall quality in all their shoes has gone down in the last couple years. 😞

• Like 1

abeo's with metatarsal support.

they even have  "nice" shoes.  I bought a pair of walking/sport sandals from them last summer and they were about all I wore.  I only stopped wearing them because they have tiny holes in the sole so when you walk through water - the water will drain.

I have couple "nicer" pair of shoes from them.   I plan on getting a 'nicer"  pair of sandals.

• Like 1

I have a pair of lands end all weather mocs that were comfortable for about 6 years. They're ten now. They're still comfy as yard-work shoes but they don't work for walking all day on concrete anymore. I'd love to replace them with the exact same thing, but Lands End sold to Sears and I'm afraid they're not the same anymore :-(

Sketchers yoga mat shoes feel great!  I loved my Keens, but Merrells have a little more cushion. But the sketchers have to be the yoga mat ones...My legs were fatigued the first few days. I wondered what was going on, but then they got used to them. So if you get them, break them in first before you go on a long vacation with a lot of walking. They are very light as well and are trying to come out with more styles.