Menu

Pantyhose, tights or????

Under dresses and skirts I wear  

1. 1. Under dresses and skirts I wear

• Pantyhose
    • Tights
    • Nothing--I go bare-legged even in winter
    • Knee socks :)

When you are wearing a dress or skirt, what do you wear underneath? I've pretty much given up pantyhose and go bare-legged, but when the weather cools, that's not a comfortable option.

I love tights, but want to be able to wear them under something other than a denim jumper, lol. (My favorite outfit is a heavy cotton dress, tights and Birkenstocks. I just can't do it anymore, though.)

Are pantyhose ever stylish anymore if you're under the age of 60? Maybe colored hose?

I didn't vote because it really varies by dress, occasion, and weather. I rarely wear full pantyhose, mostly for something formal in winter. More casually, knee-high hose or bare if it's warm enough, but not if the dress might show off the tops (they hit just below my knees).

I'm a bare legged even in the winter kind of gal. This has been a recent lifestyle change for me :p I find it quite freeing. I hate hose!! blech

I will wear knee socks on occasion, depends on the outfit/shoe.

Bare or knee socks. Though, I'd like to have the clothes to pull off some knee high boots ;) I have the boots, just not a skirt I would pair with them.

I usually only wear long skirts so knee socks work great for me. There's so much more variety with socks too ;)

I'll wear tights sometimes but only if they are comfy.

I bought some great cotton leggings last year from a company that sells modest clothing and they work great under long skirts when it's really cold. I still wear the socks over them but the leggings aren't bulky so you can't tell there are 2 layers.

I'd wear hose if it was a really formal event but thankfully that hasn't happened in years!

With dresses (only when I go out) I wear "knee-highs." I wear the kind that feel a bit like knee-high stockings but are thicker and have more texture. I like the kind with designs woven in. They are stretchier than knee-high socks, but have more heft than your typical nylon knee-high hose. I wear black or navy, depending on the dress. All my dresses are mid-calf or longer.

Oh, in winter I love a nice pair of cotton tights. Also love the dark leggings with skirts look I've seen. I feel I am 'too old' for that look, but I love it on the girlies. (I have been known to wear my silk black long johns under longer skirts, but I am sure that would get me on What Not To Wear)

Don't tell the fashion police, but I enjoy my thick black Maggie's tights with my Dansko clogs in winter. :glare: And don't make fun!

In warm weather...I can't do flesh- toned panty hose! :tongue_smilie: I've seen some cool looks with color and patterns however, but otherwsie, no panty hose.