Menu

s/o swim goggles--good brand to buy?

maize

I've found packs of 3 goggles at WalMart (or Canadian Tire in Canada) that have been surprisingly good for swimming, though probably not for diving in and swimming. They were very inexpensive, which made it a lot easier to live with knowing 1 - 2 pairs will be lost. I do buy Speedos at Costco, too, but they are more expensive. To be honest, the straps break just as fast on the Speedos as on the cheap pairs. 

Edited by wintermom

We buy the Speedo Jr Hydrospex for my boys. They have been wonderful for them. They stay on when they dive in and rarely leak, at least for us. Not sure if head shape/size plays a role. My kids are lower elementary age.

Edited by UCF612
  • Like 1

If goggles are coming off when diving in, please have your child put the goggles on first and then their cap on top.  It really does help.    

And I second, third, fourth the bungee cord suggestion for making goggles last once your child will keep up with them.  You can double the life of goggles.   Once the strap breaks, replace it with a the bungee strap, and the bungee strap will usually last through 2-3 pairs of goggles so it is $3 well spent.  My daughter prefers Speedo Vanquishers but losing them is not a problem for her at this point.  

DS uses some from TYR. They are soooo much better for him than cheap kinds, which just leaked and pinched and were an all around nuisance (sensory and perfectionist issues). He also likes that they come with a sturdy case so they don't get lost or scratched in his bag.