Menu

Walking Dead 2/14 *spoilers*

elegantlion

I thought they were going to kill off Carl and I would have spent the rest of the day in tears. I knew he'd lost an eye in the comics, so I knew he wasn't going to die when he fainted. 

Annoying family is gone. I liked her, but Rick needs to end up with Michonne - even if that matters. 

Gabriel has started to redeem himself. I teared up when he said God had answered their prayers. 

The wolf dude was almost likable at the end.

Glenn! I thought he was going to sacrificing himself to save Maggie. I'm glad they didn't go there either. 

But about the 5min mark was my favorite. I knew Daryl would do something, but whoa! that was pretty awesome. 

They've got a lot of bodies to move now. 

Edited by elegantlion
  • Like 6

Agree that Daryl's action near the beginning was awesome. I hope we see more Daryl now. 

I was about to lose it when Glenn was cornered. I thought for sure they were going to let him die and I was SO MAD because he hadn't even had time to talk to Maggie.  

Glad the annoying family is gone.  I feel bad saying that, but...well, not really. 

I'm always baffled when Rick doesn't seem like a leader during a crisis. I mean, yeah, he lost his girl and Carl was injured, but Rick just seemed kind of catatonic.  Maybe me problem is that I'm more Team Daryl than Team Rick. 

Glad to have TWD back!

• Like 1

Agree that Daryl's action near the beginning was awesome. I hope we see more Daryl now. 

I was about to lose it when Glenn was cornered. I thought for sure they were going to let him die and I was SO MAD because he hadn't even had time to talk to Maggie.  

Glad the annoying family is gone.  I feel bad saying that, but...well, not really. 

I'm always baffled when Rick doesn't seem like a leader during a crisis. I mean, yeah, he lost his girl and Carl was injured, but Rick just seemed kind of catatonic.  Maybe me problem is that I'm more Team Daryl than Team Rick. 

Glad to have TWD back!

I am deeply entrenched in Team Rick, but yeah, he's not that great when the crisis hits close to home. I would like to delve into the psychology of Rick a bit.  :coolgleamA:

This episode shall forthwith be known as The Zombie Massacre of Alexandria. 

Carol was a bit scary in this episode, I think she may have ventured a bit too far to the dark side. 

• Like 2

I told my brother last night that Rick is unstable and he didn't agree (loudly). Rick falls off the deep end way too often. He still had two kids to look after and he ran out on a suicidal rampage.

In all fairness, he didn't know for sure at that point that either of his children were going to survive the next few minutes, and he'd just seen his girlfriend and her kids die horribly. With everything he's gone through, it wouldn't be realistic if he didn't go off the deep end once in a while. I'd probably be sitting in the corner drooling on myself and mumbling.

• Like 1

By the end of the episode, I was standing in front of the tv biting my nails, lol. That was a good episode.

I was in bed watching on the tablet, my dog snuggled up close. I was glad to have a comforting soul to pet as I watched because I was pretty sure I'd have to just start bawling before it was all over. 

• Like 2

That was a good episode but "girlfriend" might be a bit much. It usually takes more than murdering a husband and one conversation to constitute a girlfriend. Where I live anyway.

I was really worried for Glenn for a second!!

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 1

Part way through I told dh and ds that this is the "We all work together episode". Rick's speech to Carl at the end showed that to be true.

Except for the Annoying Andersons, people were starting to pull together and work like a team, even those who didn't like each other realized they needed to put that aside. 

I agree that Gabriel is redeeming himself. So is Eugene as even he realized he needed to start carrying his weight. "No one gets to clock out today." I was proud of him for that.

And yeah, Daryl was awesome! 

• Like 3

Did anyone else get confused when the reverend offered to take Judith to his church? lol I forgot they had one there and I thought he meant that building from a while back.

Then we saw Glenn and Enid(?) in a church and I was confused all over again. Was that the church where they had killed a bunch of Termites? Or no? It looked too new to be the same church, but it had writing on the wall which reminded me of the old church.

I promise I have seen all the eps. Just having some brain fog here.

Yeah, I don't get why fire was not okay way back when but fine now. My guess is that by this time anything goes. And they had a fast way to start a fire quickly. Way back when they were probably afraid of drawing in humans with the smoke, but now? Guess they aren't thinking about bad humans?? I don't even think they discussed fire before. Maybe it never occurred to Daryl until this ep. But what about the water supply? If they want to stay there, wasn't that a bad move?

I was SO excited that the Negan storyline was killed (or I hope so. I hope there aren't Negan followers appearing later).

I always rooted for Michonne and Rick, but after all that has happened I wouldn't blame Michonne if she wrote him off LOL. I'd feel kinda annoyed after seeing him go after someone else he barely knew while I had been there all along.

Our tv got turned back on and because of poor signal strength we didn't get TWD or The Talking Dead recorded so I had to watch TWD on Amazon and can't see TTD. Anyone see that wanna share?

Does Eugene think they are all going to hell? That was an interesting line.

• Like 1

That was my first live episode! I watched the whole series over the last couple months.

I jumped out of my bed screaming when Carl got shot.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch live. When I watched on Netflix I would often read an episode synopsis before watching so I would have some warning of what was going to happen. 😂

• Like 2

Did anyone else get confused when the reverend offered to take Judith to his church? lol I forgot they had one there and I thought he meant that building from a while back.

Then we saw Glenn and Enid(?) in a church and I was confused all over again. Was that the church where they had killed a bunch of Termites? Or no? It looked too new to be the same church, but it had writing on the wall which reminded me of the old church.

Yeah, I don't get why fire was not okay way back when but fine now. My guess is that by this time anything goes. And they had a fast way to start a fire quickly. Way back when they were probably afraid of drawing in humans with the smoke, but now? Guess they aren't thinking about bad humans?? I don't even think they discussed fire before. Maybe it never occurred to Daryl until this ep. But what about the water supply? If they want to stay there, wasn't that a bad move?

I was SO excited that the Negan storyline was killed (or I hope so. I hope there aren't Negan followers appearing later).

I always rooted for Michonne and Rick, but after all that has happened I wouldn't blame Michonne if she wrote him off LOL. I'd feel kinda annoyed after seeing him go after someone else he barely knew while I had been there all along.

Our tv got turned back on and because of poor signal strength we didn't get TWD or The Talking Dead recorded so I had to watch TWD on Amazon and can't see TTD. Anyone see that wanna share?

I watched TTD. I got the impression that Negan is coming.

I watched TTD. I got the impression that Negan is coming.

I need to clean out my ears. I thought Negan was killed (thought that guy said he was Negan). I guess he was just one of his goons. Yep, Negan will be around later.

They didn't have a large quantity of fuel at that time.  Without the fuel truck that trick doesn't come about.

I think if they still had some alcohol (which we saw Spencer drinking) and some way to start a fire they could have poured it on some of the walkers in the pit and let the walkers catch each other on fire, then throw more in the pit.

I told my brother last night that Rick is unstable and he didn't agree (loudly). Rick falls off the deep end way too often. He still had two kids to look after and he ran out on a suicidal rampage.

I thought he was our there protecting the infirmary, giving them time to save Carl.  Foolhardy or not, deep end or not, it was minutes before they'd be all over that place.

Neegan story-line not killed.  Jeffrey Dean Morgan is coming on in the role.

• Like 2

Loved the episode, hated the way it was shot!  Is there a new director?  Is this new style a way to deal with the fact that zombie bodies are supposed to be decayed beyond what they can physically do for large numbers of extras now?

From the TTD I got the impression that different directors got assigned to different episodes.  Which explains why I have liked some more that others. 

• Like 1

To be fair, we didn't have a tanker full of fuel or rocket launchers at the time. ;)  I don't think there would have been a way to set the quarry on fire.

Setting the quarry pit on fire could have been done a couple of ways. Off the top of my head was the alcohol (not from medical supplies, but the pantry) and/or the flare gun(s) we saw they had. I mean, just some flames and some flammable brush might even do the job.

Loved the episode, hated the way it was shot!  Is there a new director?  Is this new style a way to deal with the fact that zombie bodies are supposed to be decayed beyond what they can physically do for large numbers of extras now?

I didn't need the camera to follow the guts hanging out of that guy's stomach, but I liked the way they shot the very end of the episode. That was pretty cool.

I also thought it was the best episode I've seen in a long while. I might even go with best ever. I didn't like how they shot the killing fury at the end but it did show how everyone was pulling their weight and killing.

I have not read the comics so for a minute thought they had killed off Carl…until Rick carried him into the infirmary. I was worried Glenn was a goner as well before he got to talk to Maggie…seemed to happen with anyone else associated with Maggie.

I would never have handed my baby to Gabriel, though, and especially not in that situation. Glad Gabriel redeemed himself a bit.

I am also rooting for Rick and Michonne…if I had to hand my baby to anyone, it would have been Michonne.

I couldn't figure out if the Wolf dude was taking her along to eat her later or because he needed her to take care of him.

• Like 1