Menu

Any parents of gamers?

Faithr

I have to share that I am weirdly proud of my 17 yo!  LOL.  I mean, I hope he aspires to more than just gaming, but yesterday on his own he overcame his shyness and actually went to a live event (before he was just competing on line) where he wound up in 4th place among 30 other guys.  And he won $30!!!  

That's my boy! 

• Like 41

DD15 is a popular Twitch broadcaster. Lots of fun. She went to her first business convention last year in San Francisco. Yes, gaming can be profitable. Encourage your son to keep it up.

I have a relative who is a gamer. How exactly can gaming be profitable? His parents will love me forever if I can tell them this. : )

Nan

Wow, I had no idea there were scholarships and what a big deal competition could be.  I am glad he's found something he is good at and enjoys so much.  He has been going through a bit of a rough time because his best friend has been kind of drifting away from him, and while he does hang out with a couple of other guys some times, he's a little lonely.  And none of those guys are into gaming, so if he can connect with other gamers now that he's broken the ice, I think it will help him feel less lonely.

DD15 is a popular Twitch broadcaster. Lots of fun. She went to her first business convention last year in San Francisco. Yes, gaming can be profitable. Encourage your son to keep it up.

My son has talked about Twitch before.  I think he even set up something but then kind of fizzle with it.  I'd love to know more about what your dd does.

I have a relative who is a gamer. How exactly can gaming be profitable? His parents will love me forever if I can tell them this. : )

Nan

Some broadcasters play via live streaming. Followers can watch, play at the same time, and comment either voice or by typing. The broadcaster is playing the game, emceeing everything that is happening, keeping up with all the comments, responding to music requests, and adding players to the game. Watching a good broadcaster in action is mind boggling. DD15 started about a year ago and converted her bedroom into a studio.

Broadcasters make money in two ways. First, viewers can make donations just because they like the show, or to add status. Second, companies will sponsor some broadcasters.

Like many business opportunities, most will make a mediocre return while a very few will make a big return.

• Like 1

You aren't going to share her Twitch handle??! That's very cool.

Sorry. I have shared too much about my own location over the years. It would be too easy for someone to find her, I fear. She has had one or two followers who seemed to show an unhealthy infatuation. Kids who do this must really understand Internet safety for their own protection.

• Like 1

Some broadcasters play via live streaming. Followers can watch, play at the same time, and comment either voice or by typing. The broadcaster is playing the game, emceeing everything that is happening, keeping up with all the comments, responding to music requests, and adding players to the game. Watching a good broadcaster in action is mind boggling. DD15 started about a year ago and converted her bedroom into a studio.

Broadcasters make money in two ways. First, viewers can make donations just because they like the show, or to add status. Second, companies will sponsor some broadcasters.

Like many business opportunities, most will make a mediocre return while a very few will make a big return.

Thank you!

Nan

Super Smash Bros Melee.

Oh really!!! I still play super smash brothers actually! My cousin has made some good entertainment money playing super smash brothers. He know makes a living going to gaming conventions and reporting on them, along with other gaming related jobs.