Menu

My neighbor is finally removing some decorations today..

bettyandbob

Well, our Christmas decorations will stay up until at least next weekend because as Catholics, the Christmas season starts on Christmas for us.

But, our rotted Jack O Lanterns were removed before Advent started; promise!  :leaving:

• Like 7

We accidentally left an uncarved pumpkin out front last year. It flopped over into the garden bed where I couldn't see it from the house, and we rarely use that door.

I ended up with an unplanned pumpkin patch this year that took over the bed, path to the door, and part of the yard. At least the kids were thrilled.

• Like 11

My pumpkins are still outside. They're uncarved and in good shape, so I haven't bothered. I do intend to chuck them this trash day. But I intended to for the last couple trash days but keep forgetting. :)

Edited by Mimm
  • Like 1

Well, our Christmas decorations will stay up until at least next weekend because as Catholics, the Christmas season starts on Christmas for us.

This. I never take decorations down until Epiphany. We celebrate that on Jan. 6, even when the Church transfers the feast to a different day.

I admit to struggling with still having decorations out. I feel like I can't get back into our routine with Christmas stuff all over. And I am feeling the effects of that.

• Like 1

This. I never take decorations down until Epiphany. We celebrate that on Jan. 6, even when the Church transfers the feast to a different day.

I admit to struggling with still having decorations out. I feel like I can't get back into our routine with Christmas stuff all over. And I am feeling the effects of that.

Ya'll do understand this is a frivolous thread and it's not about whether actual Christmas decorations should be taken down?

You do get what my neighbor cleaned up wasn't a Christmas decoration?

• Like 1

Wanted to let you know that I loved the lead in for the thread; definitely made me laugh when I opened it.

I will admit to finally bringing in a couple Halloween decorations from the porch just before Christmas.  They weren't perishable though so nothing was rotting.

Dh dragged our tree out from 2014 (2014 is not a typo) and it's still in the backyard. He wanted to burn it, then he wanted to take it to the road, now he wants to burn it. This year I put out a table top tree and called it a day.

Ugh, we are "that" neighbor I fear.

A few years back, this neighbor dragged their tree to their deck because it was dry and not safe in the house. They missed curb pick up day. They left their tree until March when they were going to haul it themselves. A bird had nested there, so they didn't move it until May after the baby birds fledged.

We live in a townhouse, so what any neighbor does is right in our face.

This neighbor is really great. We help each other out a lot. For that reason its easy to overlook most of the decorating habits. A while ago when another neighbor was try to sell, I did suggest to this neighbor to take a few things down for the open house curb appeal. And they did.

• Like 2

Ya'll do understand this is a frivolous thread and it's not about whether actual Christmas decorations should be taken down?

You do get what my neighbor cleaned up wasn't a Christmas decoration?

Oh yes...I swear there was a sentence in my original post about our only remaining Halloween decoration being a dried gourd that our kids "cook" in their little kitchen. Other pumpkins have long since been fed to our goats and chickens!