Menu

Punch recipe?

Heatherwith4

make a fist

thrust it into the nearest face as quickly as you can

don't skimp on the follow-through, or you'll regret it.

People will RAVE about your party for years to come, and everyone hates it.

1 can apricot nectar

1 large can pineapple juice

1 can frozen limeade

1 or 2 2-liters of Sprite or 7-Up or sparkling water

You can switch up flavors. Peach nectar with white grape juice and ginger ale. Or use sparkling water for a less-sweet punch. Float a container (round, or half a brick) of sherbet in there if you'd like it creamy.

• Like 1

Not a punch but it worked very well across all ages. Make. Simple syrup and boil fresh ginger slices in it for 30 minutes. You can also add a cinnamon stick if you like.

Put the syrup in a bottle. Provide club soda and apple juice and let people mix their own. The kids like adding maraschino cherries and cherry juice, too.

It was nice because the older folks present really don't want the sweetness but the kids do. I also had some dry sparkling wine for the adults to use the syrup with.

• Like 2

My mil makes punch that is a hit with all age groups. Thaw one can each of orange, lemonade and cranberry concentrate. Dump them in a bowl with some ice and a 2 liter bottle of diet 7up. I am not usually a diet soda fan, but it keeps the punch from being too sticky sweet tasting. I keep a bottle of something bubbly like prosecco nearby in case someone wants to give it some kick:-)

• Like 1

Those all sound yummy!

The easiest punch recipe that I have seen (and used) is to combine a clear pop (Sprite, Sierra Mist, etc) with frozen sherbet. That's it. The sherbet will slowly melt in the pop and make the punch fruity and creamy. You can use any flavor of sherbet, but avoid rainbow, because the color will not be pretty after it melts and mixes together.

• Like 1

Something else I do sometimes instead of punch for New Year's Eve is make hot spiced cider and serve it in a big crockery bowl with punch cups.  It's festive and good.  The spices take away the excessive sweetness of the cider.  If I have any leftovers, I chill them and drink them cold over the next few days.  I find apple juice way too sweet and quite boring, but chilled spiced apple juice is really good.

• Like 1

4 parts orange juice (we prefer NOT from concentrate)

2 parts pineapple juice (sometimes we use the juice from canned pineapples)

1 part lemonade

Since there are no carbonated ingredients, any leftovers can be refrigerated and used later.

Interestingly, this recipe was from our Calvert 1st grade math book from many years ago.

• Like 1

amounts are VERY estimated

2 quart tropical juice (or passionfruit pineapple, or whatever americans have which isn't orange...)

1 quart.... now, you guys call this something different, lemon lime soda? 7up? The clear bubbly soda that is citrusy. (we just call it lemonade, but, I've been told that is exclusively the non-carbonated kind there)

1 pint or so of ginger ale (ginger beer would also work probably)

1 pint of apricot nectar

1 tin of mixed fruit/fruit salad in syrup, add the syrup as well as the fruit

A little mint if you want to get fancy 

• Like 1