Menu

Might be an odd question

kwg

My dad was killed last year and the defendant is on trial in a few weeks.  Our family would like to wear something to show our solidarity and to remember the reason we are there. We are expecting many to show up for the trial.

I originally made ribbons- green to show my dad was a farmer and  loved the outside with a small white rose to signify justice.  My stepmom said today she was hoping to have something with my dad's picture on it.  

Any ideas on what that could be? How that could work? I like the ribbons but do not need them necessarily. I kinda do not want anything too...ostentatious.  

sigh. Anyone been through this and made/done something? 

Check with the court to see what will be allowed. The judge may not allow more than a discrete ribbon.

:grouphug: to you and your family.

This is a good point.

Perhaps wearing the same color, the ribbons and those who want to can have an 8x10 photo to hold in front of them facing out. I've noticed people with photos held like that at press conferences, when being interviewed etc.

(Hugs)

• Like 1

I like the ribbon/button combo, too.  If buttons are cost prohibitive, could you print pics and glue them to a ribbon?  (I originally thought pins, but don't think that would be allowed in a courtroom for some reason.)

Will you all wear green, too?  

I'm so sorry for your loss.    :grouphug:

• Like 1

I have ordered buttons from www.wackybuttons.com several times and was always impressed with the products I received.   You could design the button to be a simple picture of your dad, and they have many sizes and backs available.    They shipped very quickly, too.

I'm so sorry your family is going through this.   

• Like 1