Menu

Need a travel bag for dh, so nothing girly. lol

6packofun

Dh has to travel twice a year and usually gets to do a bit of sight-seeing.  He doesn't want to carry stuff in only his pockets, but does not want a "man purse."  Got any suggestions?  lol  (He goes to London or some other place in the UK every year for this job and then Las Vegas or Orlando or some other U.S. location on another yearly trip.) 

What kind of stuff?  What size of items?

Cell phone, wallet and keys? (normal guy pocket stuff)

Or those plus glasses, a snack, lip balm, maybe a stack of paper (plane/bus/passport)?  (just a bit too much for pockets but not much more)

Or a those plus a jacket, a bottle of water, second phone (common for business men), hat, subway map, etc.

I just bought my DH a Kenneth Cole leather messenger bag for a long business trip. He was hesitant until he started packing it. He loves it and is getting compliments and lots of envy from his traveling companions.

I found it at Marshalls, but it's on Amazon right now.

Kenneth Cole risky business messenger bag if you want to search for it. Sorry, I can't make a link work at the moment.

Google "business backpacks". There are a number of them on the market that don't look like school bags or hiking bags but have a more refined appearance.

Anne

Backpack!  Why didn't I think of that??  He has a HUGE one for work that carries a lot of stuff--every bag, backpack, case, etc. that he has is mainly for hauling his computer and video and camera equipment back and forth to work or the airport.  lol

Thanks!  I like the messenger bag option, too.

Has he looked at Tom Bihn? Something like a small or medium cafe bag might work. I recently bought the large and it's very lightweight and so far it lives up the hype. They also have backpacks and laptop bags that might work. 

If he likes leather, Saddleback Leather has a range of messenger bags. I carry the Tablet Bag as a purse, it's not girly looking at all. The only downside is these products might be heavier than he wants to deal with. They're also pricey.

• Like 1

Has he looked at Tom Bihn? Something like a small or medium cafe bag might work. I recently bought the large and it's very lightweight and so far it lives up the hype. They also have backpacks and laptop bags that might work. 

If he likes leather, Saddleback Leather has a range of messenger bags. I carry the Tablet Bag as a purse, it's not girly looking at all. The only downside is these products might be heavier than he wants to deal with. They're also pricey.

Nice stuff!  That "Citizen Canine" pack is awesome!  My mom would love that for her long walks with the pooches.

• Like 1

Tom Bihn is my favorite. I've had some of those bags 13 years with almost no wear visible wear. Their backpacks and packing cubes are worth every penny.

I had one of my messenger bags have a zipper issue and sent it in to be repaired. They charged me nothing for the repair and paid the return shipping in full, without any receipt and ten years after I bought it. They are fabulous.

I don't know how to link on my phone, but look up 'canvas medic bag' on Amazon. We got two last year for our DSs and they're surprisingly strong and sturdy. Plus they look pretty cool thrown on cross body style. :)

ETA: We bought the ones called Northstar Mil Spec